Copy/Duplicate Task on Mobile

This is such a key requirement for anyone using checklists or task templates in the field which as a property manager we do all the time. Please add as this has been requested for a long time :frowning_face:

1 Like

I agree! This thread was started over 2 years ago and this still hasn’t been added to the app? It’s such a simple thing to expect the app to do. I don’t know what it takes on the backend to write it in there but I spent like 10 minutes looking for a way to do it because I never thought that duplicating a task is something I wouldn’t be able to do.

2 Likes

Hi, I am unable copy a task in IOS app. Am is missing the button ? Is it hidden somewhere? I’ve convinced everyone in office to use asana so that there is less work we have to do.
Now it’s firing bak on me. Just to copy a task ppl have to run to their desktops ?

2 Likes

Hi @Adamya,

I’m afraid copying a task is not currently available in the Asana mobile apps. You can vote for that capability here:

(Also @Marie @Emily_Roman, this other thread should probably be merged with the one above…)

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your feedback @Adamya! As @Phil_Seeman mentioned, it’s currently not possible to copy tasks on mobile. I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback. We don’t have any updates at the moment but we’ll make sure to post updates as soon as we have them.

1 Like

I really wish there was a way to duplicate tasks on my iPad/iPhone. I work remotely and do all if my work through my mobile devices and do not have access to a desktop/laptop.

Would Asana please update the app with the ability to duplicate tasks?

1 Like

Hi @Erin_Russell and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback @Erin_Russell; we will definitely take this onboard for future updates! And on my end, I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

8 Likes

Awesome!

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

I second this feature request! I do 99% of my work on a mobile and have Template tasks set up with sub tasks that I need to be able to copy quickly… I currently can’t do this while I’m not sat in front of my laptop :frowning:

3 Likes

I agree! I work from an iPad and would love that feature to be able tp duplicate project templates. Love asana just wish it were more mobile and iPad friendly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Checking the status of this project. This is the most common action I would take on Asana and could help my org use it more broadly.

1 Like

Need task duplication on mobile… It’s a very basic / necessary feature and I’m surprised it’s not yet made available

2 Likes

I agree! This is a pretty basic function and I just realized that I have to log on to a laptop in order to perform this. I feel much less “mobile” now in my work-from-home (or anywhere) endeavors. Please, Asana! Let’s spiff up the app!

1 Like

Still no update on this?

1 Like

How is this not a feature yet? It’s been over a year since someone said they would look into this. I am having to create a ton of blank templates on my desktop so that I can grab and create projects on my mobile devices… Please provide an update on this issue.

1 Like

Any update on this project Marie? It’s been over a year since this was requested. The function is already in the desktop version of the app and I don’t understand why simply adding the option to the mobile version would take that long to incorporate. I’d love to hear where this stands currently!

1 Like

Hi @CJ_Vaughn,

I don’t have an update on this topic at this time. Although the feature is available on the web version, web and mobile are complete different platforms, so to implement a feature from web to mobile you’re actually starting from scratch. Mobile as also a lot more constraints (ie: we have a lot less space :slight_smile: ). With that said, we’ve made some major progress on our mobile app this year, and I’m confident this is something we will prioritise in the future. While I can’t promise when this will be, I’ll be sure to highlight this request again to our mobile team and keep you posted here!

1 Like

PLEASE add mobile task duplication! As far as space is concerned, you already have the “…” drop-down for More options-- just put it there and have it execute the same function you’ve already thought through on desktop. Very frustrating to be missing this feature (plus not being able to create new tags on Android mobile…)

1 Like

As many have already commented - it’s a very frustrating impediment to a workflow and a very disappointing response from Asana’s developers. What does it say of them and the product?
I’m sure many have already jumped to a different tool. I’ve invested too much time incorporating Asana into our workflow, training staff to justify another change at this time… but it’s on our review list. As it is I’ve no intention now of going premium – as it’s not clear that there won’t still be issues using “templates” etc. There are a number of things just plain “clunky” about the iOS app.
An earlier response in this thread suggested using Chrome app and choosing to display Asana in the browser rather than switch to the iOS app. Unless I’m missing something, that doesn’t seem to be an option any more. To be fair, I wonder if this is a short coming on the side of Apple’s iOS platform? It can often be the case!
For now I simply create a number of duplicates on the desktop version to tide us over before we head out into the field.

1 Like

I realize this was posted April 2, 2019 and that @Erin_Russell was taking this onboard for future updates. It’s been a year and eight months since the original post yet nothing has been updated.

Whilst Asana is working on this update, do you recommend any project managers @Erin_Russell that work seamlessly with desktop and mobile app? I’ll be super happy to come back to Asana duplicating tasks is something that can be done on a mobile app without hacks.

1 Like