Copy/Duplicate Task on Mobile

There is something seriously wrong with your software if several years later, users are still unable to duplicate tasks on IOS - wtf?!!!

2 Likes

Agreed!!!

I’m really surprised: you are adding new features to desktop version almost every month and can not fix the simplest function for the app. Please consider it.

Wow
 Asana you need to lift your game and listen to your customers. Monday.com is looking so much more attractive then Asana!

It’s been literally YEARS since you said you were working on this. Seems like you’ve done nothing and kept zero people updated with development.

1 Like

Paid user 450+staff business with percentage on divisional premium and business level plan

1. Go to iphone with
cant duplicate task
  2. reach for my ipad
cant duplicate task,
  3. Open asana.com in iPadOS13 with desktop class browser and cant launch asana it FORCES redirection to ipad app
cant copy task
  4. Now forced to boot computer to run asana in browser
just to copy task???
    This is basic level functionality where increasing business productivity occurs on mobile devices.
2 Likes

Please please please add this feature! Essential for productivity in our organization. Utterly crazy that it isn’t available.

Evaluating Asana for use in my group. My users are mobile users and need the ability to duplicate a task template. Looks like Asana isn’t interested in giving mobile users the same critical feature found on the desktop browser. Sad. Will have to look for another solution.

1 Like

So i was having the same issue. But found a way to do it.

• Go to asana.cm through Google
  • click 
 at the right hand corner
  • Scroll to “request desktop site “

This should take you to the desktop version.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Really need this feature to duplicate tasks in iOS app.

Hello!

I also really need to be able to duplicate my task on mobile!
My team all works remotely and there are certain subtasks that always need to be included within a task.

How many more years we need to wait for crucial and basic function? When we can duplicate task in mobile app (both android and iOS)?

1 Like

Hi @Vojtech_Vesely, thanks for reaching out and taking the time to share this feedback!

We already have a thread on this topic. I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to centralize feedback. I hope you don’t mind. We don’t have an estimated timeline to launch this feature but our team will definitely consider it in future updates. Thanks again for your feedback!

Add the duplicate task option to the mobile App version for on the go use. Screenshot by Lightshot

Hi @anon33862749, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

We already have an existing thread in our #productfeedback category about this topic. I’ve gone ahead and merged your thread with Copy Task on Mobile to consolidate votes.

I’ll make sure to keep the main thread updated as soon as I have any news about this feature. Thanks again!

Any update on this feature Emily? It has been over two years that people have requested this simple feature change
 I see so many threads with thousands and thousands of views from people wanting a resolution for this.

I am wondering what is stopping this from moving forward? Your company prides itself on creating a product that allows people to get organized and take care of tasks that would otherwise fall off the plate, yet I’m seeing a very simple critical feature go neglected for over two years.

Every post I see on this subject has the company representatives saying “I’ll make sure to keep the main thread updated as soon as I have any news”
 There hasn’t been a single update in over two years? Not even a “Hey, we brought this up and it is scheduled to be worked on by X date.”

Is there anyways people can request an escalation for this simple feature? This method of voting and showing we need the feature has accomplished nothing in over two years

I’d love to know who I can talk to for an actual update on this issue and/or if there is a more effective way of handling critical user needs. Can I submit a ticket for support? What other options are there for escalating this?

4 Likes

How is this possibly not a feature yet? This is crucial for project management on the go. Please implement this.

1 Like

What he said

1 Like

I have a free trial of Asana right now but I am not interested to pay for a subscription if this simple function of duplicating tasks doesn’t work in mobile. I do almost all of my work on my mobile. I also get worried when I see that people have asked for this function for over 2 years and you neither fixed the problem neither given your customers any good or transparent communication about this.

I started with Asana yesterday and was considering moving from Trello. This is such a fatal flaw in the functionality. I noticed it the moment I jumped on the mobile iPad versions. This makes setting up task quite useless and time consuming over the iPad and mobile. Please fix this. I don’t know how this is not a top priority with your team.

This is an earlier version of another post asking for the same thing: Allow to duplicate tasks from the mobile app

In the other post someone from Asana said they would take it to the onboard for future updates but that was 1.8 months ago :frowning: And this post is even older

Asana doesn’t feel duplicating a task on mobile app is important sadly :frowning: