Converting a Workspace back into a Team inside an Organization

Hello. I currently have a workspace (Business plan) inside an organization. I am considering converting this workspace into a team within the same organization - not as a separate workspace.

Can I do this? If so, how.
Can I maintain my Business plan for a private team within an organization?

Thanks.

Hi @Judd_Marcello, welcome to the Asana Community Forum :wave:t2:

As Workspaces are stand alone spaces in Asana that act as one team for personal or smaller team use, it is not currently possible to have a Workspace within an Organization. Organizations, however, houses multiple teams and are connected to a private email domain.

Before we go any further, it would be great to confirm if you are working in a Workspace or a Team in an Organization? This table is super useful to help you figure out what space you are working in.

Looking forward to hearing back from you, Judd! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply.

I am working in a workspace that is within an organization.

Because I am part of an organization linked to my companies domain, I can’t covert my workspace into an org.

I wanted to covert my workspace to a team that sits within my organization. I wanted to maintain my “business plan” as a team within the organization.

My reason for doing this - I want to be able to interact with other teams in my org and maintain the premium features for my current workspace.

Thanks.

Hey @Judd_Marcello, thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

It’s not currently possible to have a Workspace live within an Organization. At this time, only Teams can live within an Organization. Workspaces are stand alone spaces that act like a single Team but are not linked to any Organization.

If you are working in a Workspace, it is definitely possible to convert this into a Team within the Organization! Just follow these steps.

If there is a subscription applied to your Workspace, it will carry over to your new Team in the Organization :slight_smile:

I hope this helps!

Thank you. Very helpful.

1 Like

Back with another Q, Rebecca.

When I go to the link you shard it asks me to contact Asana support to start the process. When I click on the link it is vague as to where/how I contact formally about this topic. That is link I am using.

When I got the support page I am unclear on where to enter my information/contact support directly. Can you help, please.

Thanks, Judd

Hey @Judd_Marcello!

Apologies for any confusion! Here are the steps to contact our Support Team:

When you contact them, you can provide them with the URL link to your Forum thread (so you don’t have to explain your request again) along with the name of the Workspace you would like to convert to an Organization and the domain you would like to use :slight_smile:

The Support Team will be able to handle it from there :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help. I have submitted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.