Convert subtask to task

This solution works thank you. It should be highlighted at the top of the page.

Unless someone has a simpler one, or Asana could just enable drag-and-drop without needing a project, as the current solution is still a fudge, and does not work with search. It should be possible to search for a keyword, and then drag and drop any visible items.

1 Like

Every time I want to convert a subtask to a task I have to look up this article. I believe this should be made more intuitive and the most logical way is to have a function ‘Convert to task’ just like we have a option to ‘Convert to project’ already. Thanks for considering this, Asana is a great tool and this would make it even better!

4 Likes

This worked great for me, thanks for the advise. Seems like something that should be more easy to do without this hack.
It is common for a subtask to become a bigger issue and require greater attention.

1 Like

This is the best solution. @Brooke_Petit - when you hover over the item the 6 dots come up. You can then drag from there.

1 Like

For some reason, it isn’t intuitive to me that I can only do this from the detail pane… but I’m remembering more and more often… so thanks to all for the solutioning.

Thanks! took me a while to realize that you should move it into ‘no-section’ at top , there should be ‘convert to task’ instead, this isn’t intuitive enough

2 Likes

Every time i drag the subtask to the left panel, it is still connected to the parent task.
How do I unlink the connection between a subtask and its parent?

Wow, this is such a cool feature I did not know existed! I have ran into this same scenario a time or two in the past and ended up just creating a new task and deleting the subtask. Thanks to everyone for the great replies on this thread!