Is it possible to convert a subtask to a task?
I think best way is to drag and drop subtask to some project list or drag and drop it to your My Task list. You have to do it from parent task view.
Thanks, but it does not work. Is there another way?
Could you send print screen from where you trying to do this? I couldn’t find another way. I can send you mov screen where you can see how I do it.
If you could send me a mov screen, that would be great.
Ok, here you have https://youtu.be/6TBHHfP8WxY
Ok, now I can see your problem. In this case you have at least two ways:
- assign parent task to to yourself, go to My Task and then you have split view as I had
- got search field, search for Bruno De… and this particular task (Regeling regulier …). When you click this task, you also have split view (be careful with this, because when you drag and drop subtask to His (Bruno) list, task will be assigned to him)
I hope this would help.
I’m not seeing the split screen view that you used to do this. Are you on an app? I use the browser view almost exclusively. Is it possible to convert subtask to task in browser mode?
I think she refers to the screen displayed on the right side when you select any task, then that is the ‘split screen’.
What worked for me was own the task parent, own the subtasks, and then drag and drop the subtask from the inside of the parent task to the dashboard of any coworker, and that’s all
No dragging needed.
- From any subtask, click the breadcrumbs in the top right ("…")
- Click “Add to projects”. Alternatively, press Tab + P.
- It will then ask you which project to add it to. Whatever you choose, your subtask will become a new task card on that project.
Keep in mind that the original subtask and the new standalone task will be still connected, which isn’t immediately apparent. But if you change details on the new standalone task, you’ll notice that those edits will be reflected in the original subtask.
Yes but I want to have ONLY the task under project and not connected subtask. Solution?
I found a solution - which I believe may be what Emmanuel_Reyes was getting at above…
- Go to the project in question
- From the list view, click a task to open the details panel
- You can now drag an individual subtask from details panel (on right) over to the project panel (on left)