Computed Fields on Tasks

Hello @Jesse_Richard, what was the reason for leaving Monday anyway? Any insight on ClickUp?

Leaving the request from many many uses unanswerd for several years really makes us think to move somewhere else. Maybe Asana needs to see it is not the only alternative…

There´s really no need to advice us users how to share our feedback @Rebecca_McGrath . As you can see, @Cihat_Guenduez followed your “guide” pretty well in October 2019.

What is actualy needed is that Asana starts to listen our feedback and deliver solutions. Anyone here understands you attitude Asana, nothing moves forward around here… Very, very disappointing.

It is actually not true at all. A lot of features have been released in the last years/months, maybe not the ones you were hoping, but we are all seeing steady progress. Yes it is slow but Asana remains reliable and mostly bug free, compared to other tools that might release tons of feature but with bugs and instability :slight_smile:

Right now we have the ability to do limited calculations within a single field, whether that is in a section or by multi-selecting tasks. What would be extremely helpful is to have more advanced calculations across multiple number fields. For example, being able to automatically calculate the sum of two separate fields together. When building out forms and formulas and being able to use a single system for tracking, this feature would be necessary.

This is not yet available in Asana, but I have a service that is running for several clients, including myself, doing computation. Don’t hesitate to email me bastien@ido-clarity.com so we can discuss your needs.

Hi @Cassidy_Clark, thanks for providing this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available right now, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile: