Complex product setup

Hey everyone, our company has been using asana for quite some time now. As our company has grown we have seen our project workflow change with it. At this time we are really struggling with individuals having the right information to complete the tasks.

Here is my problem… I decided to make a video to explain it better.

(Subtask) all the subtasks in product 1 and all subtasks in

At this moment we have projects made for each combination of products. In the project we have a task template that we duplicate. We then

Hi @Tayler_Ursu and welcome to the Forum :wave:t3:

Just took a look at your video there! What about having a Team for each Product and then create a project per client with these Teams? This way your subtasks would be regular tasks and you’d be able to access all the metadata (ex: custom fields) while working on your task.

Let me know what you think :wink:

1 Like

Hey Marie,

Interesting… is there a limit to the amount of projects you could have? We bring on 90 new clients a month. This way seems like it might become difficult.

I feel like doing it this way limits the sorting functionality to know where the client product setups are at.

Unless we used portfolios. Is there a way to automatically add projects to a portfolio?

Also, I have read that it is bad to have a ton of projects.
I am just having a hard time figuring out how I can get Asana to work for us. I would hate to have to leave.