Receive new Asana comments in Slack channel

Hi @ivana.baricic Are you able to reach the page below? Can you make sure you have the “Configure” tab selected?

Hi Marie,
that’s the problem, there’s no such page. I’m sending images so it’s easier to see what am I talking about.

Thank you for your help,
Ivana

1 Like

Hi guys, does anyone have a solution to this?
Thank you,
Ivana

1 Like

Hi, I have the same problem … :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Same problem here. Does anyone have a solution?

2 Likes

Hey guys @ivana.baricic, @Falk_Zedler, and @Maria4. I just wanted to follow up on this and bring some clarifications.

With the new Slack integration, you can enable two types of notifications:

1. Personal notifications (you can enable these with the following command: “/asana settings”

• A task is assigned or unassigned from you)

For tasks assigned to you, you’ll receive a notification when:

• The task is completed
  • The due date changed
  • All dependencies are completed
  • A dependency is uncompleted
  • A dependency due date is changed
  • You are added as a collaborator
  • There is a comment on a task you are following

2. Linked Project Notifications

• A task is added to the project
  • A task is completed in project
  • The due date is changed on any task in the project
  • The assignee is changed on any task in the project

Unfortunately for “Linked Project Notifications”, you will not get notified when a comment is added to a task. If this is a feature you’d like to have in the future, I’d recommend making a post in the #productfeedback category!

Have all a great Monday!

5 Likes

Hi Marie, thank you for the reply!

Have a great day,
best,
Ivana

1 Like

There is a huge gap in the new app: you only get Slack updates if the task is assigned to you. The old app was completely different in that you could configure to receive all comments for tasks you followed. This is a major loss and renders the new app unusable for us. We had a lot of disruption when we moved to the new app because we assumed the behavior would continue to be the same.

@Marie we really need this capability to be carried forward to the new app. It’s been a big problem for us, and there is no easy solution with Zapier or other tools. PLEASE HELP!

8 Likes

Hi @Dan_Lauer! I completely understand where you’re coming from and I’m really sorry for the hassle here. While I can’t promise if or when these functionalities will be added in the near future, I have moved this thread to the #productfeedback category to allow everyone to vote for this feature request. I’ll also make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update regarding this issue!

We linked each of our projects in Asana to specific project channels in Slack, however, it’s not pulling all notifications into the specific project’s channel.

Right now, it will pull notifications for a task being added or unassigned. But, when a team member comments on a task in Asana, the notification is going to the generic Asana channel in Slack. I need the comments on a task in Asana to go to the specific project’s channel in Slack, just like the other notifications. Is this a bug with the new integration rollout?

4 Likes

Hi @Lauren_Litchfield I’m afraid taht the new Slack integration does not notify you when some comment on a task. You can learn more about this in this post Receive new Asana comments in Slack channel - #9 by Marie.

If you don’t mind, I’m merging your post with this main thread (Receive new Asana comments in Slack channel) to gather all feedback.

Is there any way to go back to the legacy app? As an agency our clients each have their own workspace and previously our notifications were being sent to their slack channels so we could easily see new tasks, comments and change of assignment.

It’s frustrating that we’re no longer seeing any comments. This makes managing multiple Asana instances all more difficult.

Does anyone have a workaround for getting comment notifications back into Slack?

5 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I have I just integrated my slack with my Asana account. So far everything is going well from receiving notification and taking action in slack. Just wondering if there is an option to also receive notification in slack if someone will leave comment in Asana. If there is, how?

Thanks Wizards,
TOM

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @tgingalls07 and thanks for your feedback! That’s not possible at the moment I’m afraid but we already have a thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to consolidate feedback on one single thread; hope that’s ok! :slight_smile:

Hi Marie,

Thank you for the feedback. Sorry, It took me awhile to response to your message I have seen the merge week ago already.

Looking forward to that feature.

Best Regards,
TOM

1 Like

Hi everyone,

There is a way to get Asana reminders in Slack, just like the email notifications? Like, 7 days before the task is due, 1 day before the task’s due date, etc.

Greetings

1 Like

Yes like a lot of people have mentioned, I need to be able to have comments on Asana projects go to specific Slack channels linked to the Asana projects.

4 Likes

As I can see nothing happend with this issue? Still slack can’t notify me when new comment appear in project?

2 Likes

Hi @Damian_Orzel and thanks for reaching out!

That’s correct, the Slack integration does not include a feature to notify you when new comments are added; we’re aware this is a popular request and will keep it in mind for when we start working on the newt update. I don’t have more info to share at the moment, but I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I do!

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

3 Likes

Same problem, voted.
Such a bummer to have lost this functionality with the new version.

3 Likes