Receive new Asana comments in Slack channel

Another +1 from me, I was looking for this option only to find that it doesn’t exist.

1 Like

Any updates on this, it’s been over a year

1 Like

Hey, I am coming to this thread more than two years later, and still this does not work. I am very surprised.
Worse still, is that the zapier integration also does not work for this function. The zapier integration will not work to report comments for any task in a project, only for one specific selected task.
While my team enjoys the new features you roll out, those new features are not nearly as important to us as basics like this.
I really hope you’ll fix it soon, your paying users like us need this.

HI @Morgan_Giddings and thanks for sharing your feedback.

I’m sorry this is something we haven’t prioritized yet, I’ve just pinged the task I created a while back on this topic, hoping to spark this conversation again internally. I can’t promise when this will be prioritized, but I’m keeping a close eye on the situation and I’ll keep you posted here as soon as I have an update on my end!

2 Likes

This is so frustrating that comments are not pinged to people in asana. What is the point, now I have staff saying they never received my update to a task and its causing more time than me simply emailing, I will have to rethink the whole strategy for productivity now as this won’t help, shame.

1 Like

I’m trying to get my team set up but the fact that it doesn’t show task comments in Slack is kind of a deal breaker. Is there any update on this functionality yet?

1 Like

+1

The new Asana-Slack integration shows previews for tasks. There are a few actions you can take from the drop-down menu that appears in Slack. It would be great if starting a thread in Slack would add thread replies to that task in Asana.

As an example, the Google Drive-Slack app has this functionality. When someone comments on a Google Doc, you’re notified in Slack. If you reply to the thread in Slack, your reply shows up as a comment in the doc.

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 7.46.52 PM

3 Likes

Hi @Justine_D, thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We already have a thread in our #productfeedback category about this topic. I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Comments on tasks - Slack notifications to consolidate feedback. We’ll make sure to update the main thread once we have any updates!

1 Like

Hi Emily. Thanks for merging these topics. I just want to clarify my request is different.

This thread seems to want to receive notifications for task replies in Slack.

I’m asking if we can have comments in Slack pushed to the Asana card.

I’m sure the functionality would rollout at the same time, but this isn’t exactly the same feature.

On every comment on Asana Task, Tag the person you want to be notified in Slack. @name of the person . It worked for us.

+1 @Emily_Roman @Marie I’ll echo what everyone else has said, this renders the link very ineffective and creates more work. This is an absolute MUST have - let’s get it prioritized!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and report @dafky2000 we’re working on updating Slack + Asana • Asana accordingly!

Hi everyone!

I’m excited to announce that Rules can now connect to Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Jira! This means you can now create a Rule in your project to receive a notification in Slack when new comments are added to the tasks.

Find more information in our Asana Guide article: Using Rules in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide, and please let us know is you have any questions or feedback!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Is there a way to customize Linked Project Notifications?

1 Like

That’s great to get a notification when a new comment is added but we don’t see the content of the comment unless we go into Asana. Any ways to get the new comments published in Slack? (we switched from Trello where this could be done so we are getting a lot of request regarding this!)

15 Likes

Hi folks,

Quickly reviving this conversation to let you know we will be running a webinar on how to connect Slack with Asana next month. You can learn more and register here: