comment only permissions still allows users to add other followers (giving them access to the private task)

Hi all,
I was wondering if it is possible to limit comment only projects.
so that task followers can comment only (and not be able to add other task followers)

I don’t think this is possible as “can comment” allows a few other rights (add/remove attachments/comment on task/modify task followers/list tasks or comments)

but I wanted to double check to see if there was a way to really limit access to commenting only.
(specifically - modify task followers - this can potentially grant other users access to the (private) task. Which to me seems an incorrect permission to assign to someone who should be only adding comments.

Thanks
Fil

Hi @Dehond_Filip and welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately, as it stands it is not possible to customise comment-only projects to limit rights on attachments and followers; but I can definitely see how useful it would be!

If you haven’t checked it out yet, we’ve have a good recap of what comment only users can and can’t do in the following article; you might find it useful! https://asana.com/guide/help/permissions/user-permissions

Hi Marie,

Thank you for the feedback, yes I found that article as well but still wanted to confirm it wasn’t somehow possible.

Kind regards
Filip

1 Like