Access Permission just for Completing Tasks/Subtasks and Adding Comments

The comment-feature has been so helpful in preventing team members make unnecessary changes. However, this is only limited to “Can comment” users. I hope there’s an additional restriction for “Can edit” access or there’s another access that has the following permission:

• Can complete task and subtasks
  • Can comment

There are users one would want to assign to a certain task and all its subtasks but shouldn’t be able to change description, task/subtask name and due dates.

We have the Enterprise plan for our company and continue to run into issues of users changing dates when they shouldn’t, accidentally deleting recurring settings, editing subtasks, etc. It would be great that for Enterprise-like businesses if you can prevent some level of editing within Asana. Has this ever been brought up?

1 Like

Hi @Alex_Graniere :wave:

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us! There is a similar thread in the Forum regarding this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with it to consolidate feedback. I would also suggest to upvote the following thread: Prevent users from deleting tasks

In case it helps, you can set a Project with comment-only permissions to allow your colleagues to view or comment on projects without having permissions to edit them. You can learn more about it in the following guide article: Project permissions | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Have a great week!

Hi at all.
It seems incredible that a user with only “Edit” rights can add/remove a user from a project or change all the notification setting he wants.

Please check it.
I think this kind of changes may be available only to owners or to admin (you may add it as rule).

Thanks