“Command D” will not create due date using the Asana app on iOS 13 on iPad with Smart Keyboard

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
Selecting the “Command D” keyboard shortcut on the iPad (running iOS 13x) will not create a due date. However, touching the due date icon works on the screen to set a due date works.
Steps to reproduce:
Open Asana App on iPad with keyboard
Select “Command D” key board short cut
Using the Apple Pencil or finger, select a due date and then save.

The due date will not save. Now:
Select the due date icon with the Apple Pencil or finger
Select due date with Apple Pencil or finger
Select Save with Apple Pencil or finger
The date i saved.

Browser version:

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Dr_Barrett_Mosbacker and thanks for the report!

I’m curious, are you using your keyboard in English, or in another language?

I don’t have an iPad to test with me, but can you try “Tab+D” instead? On the web, the shortcut to add a due date is “Tab+D”, not “Cmd+D” :slight_smile: Keyboard shortcuts in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks for the response.

Actually, as shown on the attached screenshot, using the Asana app on the iPad with a keyboard shows “Command+D” for setting the date. Tab+D doesn’t do anything. By the way, the same error occurs when using “Command+A” to assign a task.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the additional info @Dr_Barrett_Mosbacker, I was wasn’t sure wether iPad shortcuts were the same as the web version, but it seems they’re different. Thanks for the additional info!

1. Could you please confirm what language is your keyboard using? (if you could send a screenshot of it that would be great!)
  2. Could you also confirm what language are set up in your iPad? Do you use multiple languages in your iPad? Here again, it would be useful if you could send a screenshot of your language settings!) Change the language on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support (IE)

Thanks again for your help, I look forward to your reply!

As you can see from my previously sent screenshot, the language is English.

Ps, it is the only language used. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thanks for the additional info @Dr_Barrett_Mosbacker,

i’ve gone ahead and filed a task for our team to investigate. I’ll be in touch as soon as I have an update! Thanks again for the report and for your help!

Thanks for the excellent follow-through and customer service. Much appreciated!

Thank you,

Barrett

1 Like