Now available: Video messaging to increase team engagement and collaboration đŸŽ„

Hi Neel,

I would like to know by when I shall introduce this new feature to my team

I don’t see this feature now in my organization.

Regards,
Divya

Thank you so much!! Excited to integrate this and use with my team to increase efficiency!!!

Hi Asana Community! :wave:t2:

Quick update: We discovered a bug that we want to fix before making video messaging available to everyone. Rest assured, the team is working quickly to resolve this matter and we will notify you in the coming weeks when video messaging is available again.

For those who have already had a chance to test this feature, you’ll still be able to access the videos you previously recorded but video thumbnails and viewing transcripts are temporarily unavailable for existing videos.

Our goal is to always provide the optimal experience for our customers and these improvements will help us do so. We’re so excited to hear all the initial, positive feedback and look forward to bringing this back soon. Thanks for your patience! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I thought I had seen the feature, and was just looking for it again. Thanks for the update - looking forward to using it.

2 Likes

I saw this feature roll-out on my basic account and loved it! I have not seen it updated in my Business account. Any reason why? What can I do on my end to change something to add it?

Hi @Drew_Chin, see @Rebecca_McGrath’s post above: Now available: Video messaging to increase team engagement and collaboration đŸŽ„ - #23

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Asana Community! :wave:t2:

Quick update: we’re still in a holding pattern for video messaging. The team is working tirelessly to address this and we’ll be sure to circle back, once we have additional information to share and a better sense of timing for roll-out.

Thanks for your patience! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

@Rebecca_McGrath I noticed the video button is back on my account. Does this mean the feature is now rolled out, or still in the testing phase? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Asana Community! :wave:

Great news— video messaging in Asana, powered by Vimeo , is back!

The team has been hard at work making improvements and we’re excited to bring this feature to our customers again. Be sure to login to your Asana instance to start using video messaging today.

What’s different about this “new” video messaging?
Video messaging in Asana, powered by Vimeo, operates the same as it always has. If you already used this feature, you’ll notice you can still record a video message, preview and share it, and keep work moving forward with searchable transcripts.

Please keep in mind that previously recorded and new videos created with your associated Vimeo account will be viewable to anyone with the link. To delete a video or change a video’s privacy settings, log into Vimeo and adjust it from the Vimeo video library.

If you do not have a Vimeo account, you will need to either sign-up for one to access these privacy settings or deactivate the video messaging feature within Asana to delete the video.

And as always, let us know your thoughts and feedback! What are some ways this feature will help you inspire teams in the new year, especially when you’re not all in one place? Comment below and please share how we can further improve on the way you and your teams collaborate together. Thanks for your patience!

10 Likes

Wuhuu great update @Kimberlea :partying_face:
Now I can record some nice Xmas videos for team members also hehe

1 Like

Fabulous! I see this in the browser version but not in the desktop app. Do you know when it will be available there?

I’ve tried logging out and in again with out success.

Browser:

Desktop app:

5 Likes

As far as I know this is planned and eventually Vimeo plugin will be bundled and delivered with Desktop App as well. It is just not first priority of things to do at the moment.

Hi @Kimberlea I don’t see this available in my org. yet. Is it still being rolled out to all customers?

1 Like

Hi. What is the storage limit?

Hi @brunoborgiez and welcome to the forum,

According to the documentation, there’s no limit.

You can record no more than 2 videos before having to create a Vimeo account. Once you try to record a third, you will prompted to create a free Vimeo account which can then be used to record unlimited videos up to two hours in length.

Once your account is set up, you can now record unlimited videos within Asana.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up @TrevorWiser - I saw this new feature appear in my Asana accounts & was ecstatic.

1 Like

Are there plans to allow us to add other videos that we have already made in our linked Vimeo account to the comment section and have Asana handle the link the same way?

Currently, Asana unfurls the link to the new Vimeo screen recording and creates a preview image of the video. However, if I add a link of a video from my Vimeo account in the comment section manually it doesn’t provide that feature.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your feedback, @Garth! The video preview currently appears for videos recorded via Asana, it won’t appear for existing Vimeo videos added with a link. We will consider your feedback for future updates!

I’m closing this thread for now but please feel free to ask any questions in the #tipsandtricks category and share your feedback in the #productfeedback category! Thank you!

2 Likes