Coming soon: Video messaging to increase team engagement and collaboration 🎥

I assume this also gradually rolls out to all accounts (we’re not seeing it right now in our business account)?

@Lukas_Kerecz yes correct. I am also not seeing it yet in our company account.

Hi @Henrik_Pedersen, as it stands, video messaging is currently not available on the project overview tab but sounds like a great opportunity to create a thread in the #productfeedback category so other customers can upvote for this feature too!

@Lukas_Kerecz @Andrea_Mayer you are right! We are gradually rolling out this feature and it will be available to all users very soon!

1 Like

This is fantastic and I cannot wait to start using the feature. At this point though, I cannot find the record button anywhere within the description or comment box of a task. Is this something I need to set up? or is it not yet rolled out to everyone? @Neel_Patel

Hey @Rashad_Issa see the comment from Emily here:

I cannot see it either yet :wink:

2 Likes

Ah yes, thanks a lot @Andrea_Mayer

This is awesome! I can’t wait to start trying this out. Videos are so great for how-to tutorials! Hopefully we can reduce some of the tasks in our projects because of this feature!

Very excited about this feature! Can’t wait to try it out, must not be rolled out to our agency yet as I’ve been checking daily lol and still no record button. Anyway to bump our organization up on the roll out list? :grin:

I had the feature and now it is gone. When I had the feature it was in the Chrome version, but not in the stand alone app.

This seems to be an awesome update. I am definitely going to use this. :innocent:

@Neel_Patel Thank you for sharing this awesome update.

Looking forward to the release of this feature!

Thanks, @Neel_Patel I can’t wait to introduce my team to this feature. #time-hack

Hi Neel,

I would like to know by when I shall introduce this new feature to my team…

I don’t see this feature now in my organization.

Regards,
Divya

Thank you so much!! Excited to integrate this and use with my team to increase efficiency!!!

Hi Asana Community! :wave:t2:

Quick update: We discovered a bug that we want to fix before making video messaging available to everyone. Rest assured, the team is working quickly to resolve this matter and we will notify you in the coming weeks when video messaging is available again.

For those who have already had a chance to test this feature, you’ll still be able to access the videos you previously recorded but video thumbnails and viewing transcripts are temporarily unavailable for existing videos.

Our goal is to always provide the optimal experience for our customers and these improvements will help us do so. We’re so excited to hear all the initial, positive feedback and look forward to bringing this back soon. Thanks for your patience! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I thought I had seen the feature, and was just looking for it again. Thanks for the update - looking forward to using it.

2 Likes

I saw this feature roll-out on my basic account and loved it! I have not seen it updated in my Business account. Any reason why? What can I do on my end to change something to add it?

Hi @Drew_Chin, see @Rebecca_McGrath’s post above: Now available: Video messaging to increase team engagement and collaboration 🎥 - #23

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 21 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Asana Community! :wave:t2:

Quick update: we’re still in a holding pattern for video messaging. The team is working tirelessly to address this and we’ll be sure to circle back, once we have additional information to share and a better sense of timing for roll-out.

Thanks for your patience! :slight_smile:

10 Likes