New: multi-sort, multi-filter and reverse sort on List and Board views!

Hello Asana Community :wave:

Today I’m here to share three exciting new features set to roll out in Asana in the next couple of months to all our customers: multi-sort, multi-filter, and reverse sort on List and Boards views!

Multi-filtering

Multi-filtering allows you to apply up to 5 filters on your project view to quickly see tasks that matter the most to you. Filters include Assignee, Completion status, Due date, Created on, Last modified on, Completed on, Created by, and Custom fields.

Multi-sorting and Reverse-sorting

Multi-sorting allows you to see your tasks in the order that makes the most sense to you. With this update, you can sort your tasks with up to 5 fields and decide if these should be descending or ascending. In the List view, you can also re-arrange your sorting fields to see them in your order of preference.

• Reverse sort: If a column is sorted, clicking a column header inverts the sort
  • Sort within sections: the toggle remains at the bottom of the sort menu
  • Sort from column header: when clicking a column header in the List view to apply a sort, it will automatically clear any existing sorts and sort by the column header instead.

Roll-out timeline

These features are available to 50% of users as part of an A/B test. Providing all goes to plan, we’d like to roll these features out to all customers at the end of February or the start of March. I will keep you posted here!

:email: Want to be automatically notified of all new upcoming product updates? Make sure to follow our Announcement category!

36 Likes

Yeeeeeeeeessssssss!!! Go Asana Team!! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Also please add the option to save the views (filters) to have multiple ways of viewing the work.

35 Likes

Boaaaaa Asana!

Importante recurso na visualização de Portfólios! Que acham?

Amazing! Multi filtering has been sorely absent from the product. The ability to choose the direction in which each filter is sorted… :exploding_head:

Continue to love the people who are designing this product! Thank you!

1 Like

@Marie which plan will it be available for? thanks

All plans @Bastien_Siebman, free and paid :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

This will be a great improvement for the product, looking forward to it. I’m sure the technical capabilities to support this are non-trivial!

To @Rogelio_Barrientos point above with these new capabilities in place the value of having the ability to save/share a filtered view will only increase.

AMAZING! This is exactly the update I was waiting for. It will change the way we work for the better. Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

@Marie, currently I can only use filters to see tasks assigned to 5 people. Will it be possible to add more in the future?

It is great, funny how we all get excited when Asana releases things that honestly should have always been here… like sorting ascending/descending… common do you know that some of your competitors have launched AI integration in their task management… Asana the leader running behind his challengers :slight_smile: Nonetheless, thanks for adding this!

Not at the moment, but I’m sure it will in the future @Joelle :slight_smile:

Great news! However I do have a question…I would like to be able to order my tasks without having to use a filter or due date. For example I’ve recently realised on calendar view I can drag my tasks around into the order in which I want to complete them. However that gives a limited view of the task names. It would be great if on the list section you could also just drag tasks up and down to create the order you want. Forgive me if this is already a feature and I just haven’t figured out how to do it?!

5 Likes

On calendar view it would also be great if you could view just one day at a time, rather than a whole week or month :slight_smile:

Could you please priortise things that people need. I am quite disappointed in the functionality of a system that supposed to support projects and portfolios but has very poor reporting capabilities, poor export functionality so I cant even do my own reports. Paying for a third party tool as well as this subscription just shouldnt be the case at this price point. Also the fact i cant even see all goals, programmes, portfolio and projects in one view just doesn’t work. When you have a strategic plan you want to get an overall view, this asusmption from Asana that everything is siloed is extremely outdated and feels the software is built for small organisations. Please resolve this, I can see on the forum these features have been asked for for a very long time and dont seem to be getting listened to. Asana is great otherwise but I am thinking about alternatives.

6 Likes

Hi @Stefanie_Meakin !
If you set your Sort to None (basically disable and sorting) you should be able to drag your tasks up/down in the order you want by using the grips (6 dots) on the far left of each task :wink:

1 Like

have you tried this in your My Tasks?

1 Like

@Marie I would like to sort all the tasks involved in the current sprint, so potentially the last 3 weeks. It seems that we can only filter the last 14 days or beyond the month, which makes it impossible to get the first week of our sprint, 3 weeks ago. Is there a workaround?

oooh! What a revelation haha. Thank you!!

2 Likes

Thanks to Asana for finally adding this. Yes, I know reverse sorting should have been there to begin with, but that doesn’t mean I won’t enjoy it now. :wink:

FYI: you might want to fix the small typo. See above. :grimacing:

2 Likes