Adjust Column Width on Portfolio View

I have read couple of posts on the project name column width on portfolio view, but did not find anything on the custom field column width on portfolio view - I noticed that the in a project view, I can adjust the column width (expand / shrink). This feature is not available for the portfolio view.

Is this something the team is working on expanding to this view too?

Thanks!

Hi @Rashad_Issa,

Now we’ve made this feature available to List projects, I’m sure we’ll look into extending it to Portfolio. I don’t have any timeline to share just yet, but I’ll keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

4 Likes

The portfolio view has UI issues with column widths. The project column takes upabout 50% of the usable space. Asana should either adjut the column widths oradd in a feature to do so. This would allow the other columns to not have their information truncated. See attached.

5 Likes

Welcome to the Forum @erik_hinds and thank you for sharing your feedback with us!

I was able to find an existing thread requesting this functionality so I’m merging your post with it to consolidate feedback. Please don’t forget to add your vote!

Have a great weekend Erik!

1 Like

I use the portfolio view a ton.

I add custom fields to help in exporting reports to Google Sheets. The fields are limited to 5, which is “limiting.” No pun intended. It would be great to be able to add more fields.

Also, the width of the name column is super wide, and condenses the remaining columns. I would love to be able to adjust the column width just like in a project.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us @Brian_Altman!

I have consolidated your thread with an existing one regarding this topic! I hope it’s OK. Please don’t forget to upvote it by clicking on the Vote button next to the title! :slight_smile:

Have a great week!

1 Like

Hello! Please, make this happen! We all could use the additional space. Thank you!

3 Likes

Running into the same issues here in Apr 2020. It would be great to be able to drag and drop to reorganize the custom fields and to make them actually useful (i.e. you can see what is in your custom field lol instead of 100miles of blank space).

Thanks!

4 Likes

Agree this is important and should be easy to provide and will save so much of us so much time. I dont think the vote count of the people who stumbled across this thread is a true indication of importance. This is easier and more important that some new fancy updates that were announced like voice integration of teams to project creation. Please work on these many “basic” fixes being requested

3 Likes

@Natalia Please, please, please — revisit the priority on this one! It’s kind of ridiculous how poorly laid out the Portfolio page is…especially for a page with such critical functionality!

You can’t see more than two characters for any custom field, despite the fact that I’m not using all the custom fields available, and the Name column is sooooo wide.

6 Likes

Per the previous posts, this is a very important feature to have. What’s the go-live status for this work? It’s been in your product pipeline for almost a year. Thanks.

4 Likes

Any updates on this? The lack of expanding columns in Portfolio view is a huge design flaw that makes utilizing this in a status setting incredibly difficult. Would love to hear an update when possible :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love Asana!

Yes! Agreed, this is an important oversight!
When can we see this realized? Thanks!!

1 Like

Big +1 to this - our team is struggling to adopt Portfolio use because you can’t see the custom fields, so they’re essentially useless for providing an overview

3 Likes

Fingers crossed this will come soon with many users now starting to use portfolio!

1 Like

Hi Natalia,
Any updates on this? It’s been quite a while since we’ve gotten an update. This small fix would make portfolios much more user friendly.

2 Likes

Also mirroring what others have said. Having the ability to resize columns in portfolio view would make it significantly more functional for my team.

2 Likes

Ok, the only reason I started using Asana is for the portfolio view, because I needed to provide visibility to teams on a project calendar, within the tool they were already using. This column-resizing issue is a massive annoyance issue for me, requiring a massively small fix on your end. Please.

2 Likes

Piling on here…

We use custom fields in the portfolio view to provide a stoplight rating for projects within the portfolio - e.g. red/yellow/green ratings for schedule, budget, scope, risks. It would be nice to reduce the column width on the project name and status update to show the “stoplights” for the four custom fields without having to scroll.

1 Like

The Status column in portfolio view is not adjustable, so that I can see the entire message.

2 Likes