Allow for recurring tasks in task templates

I think the answer is “no,” but is there a way to set up a recurring task that uses a task template?

Right now, I have a regular recurring task to create a task from a task template – a bit convoluted.

4 Likes

This would be super helpful, since regular recurring tasks generate a copy based on the previously completed one. So if you make any alterations the new task is created with all the same alterations. (I’ve been struggling with this too since every time the new task generates I have remembers to erase the old data.) It would be fantastic to have the recurrent task in its original form each time!

3 Likes

Hi @Adam-Involute, thanks for providing this feedback!

While this feature isn’t available right now, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exactly the issue. Same with attachments, I believe – those persist with regular recurring tasks. Using recurring task templates would provide a clean slate each time.

My particular case is for payroll processing: we have a ~6 steps (subtasks) that involve 2-3 people, repeats every 2 weeks, and I don’t want the previous task’s information to copy / recur because that’s ripe to create errors.

2 Likes

Any chance this has become a live feature? Still need it!
Jenn

1 Like

same here, this feature is needed. We create projects monthly off our client templates. we can’t set recurring dates in templates, so we end up having to go into the project after its creation and manually do it (not the point of templates!)

Is this a likely change?

1 Like

Bump! This feature would be extremely helpful

The way I have created a workaround for this issue is as follows:

• Create a new section on the project. Make an automation for a new task being created to asign user, assign due date, and create subtasks based on the parent due date.

• Using Zapier, I made a weekly automation to place a new task into that seciton of the project.

• Essentially, my “template” is the automation on the section, and the timing is triggered via Zapier.

I hope this helps someone.