Chrome Extension Default Workspace/Organization

My Asana Google Chrome extension is set to one organization and after (1) I change it to another, (2) I perform a search, (3) interacte with the result, and then I click back on the extension and the Workspace/Organization reset to what it was at the beginning.

How can I set a new default or how can it stay with the last one I used?

HI @Hans_Rippel,

As it stands there is no option to change your default Organization. By default, you will be signed in the Organization tied to Google account email address you downloaded and installed the extension with. Apologies for not being of a greater help here Hans!

That’s unfortunate and the same goes for not being able to sort my Workspaces and Organization.

Apologies for the trouble @Hans_Rippel. If you’re looking to change your default space in Asana, feel free to reach out to our support team, they’ll be able to assist you with that!

1 Like

Unfortunately, that doesn’t match with my experience. I’m not sure it it’s defaulting to the organization that I’ve been a member of longer, but it’s not what’s set in Notifications or Forwarding settings.

My user experience is that I use the extension to quickly add a task, and then it seems to disappear into a workspace that I use less often. I’m not really losing data, but I’m definitely forgetting work :frowning:

Thanks for the follow-up @jthoms; I would recommend to reach out to our support team as they will be able to take a look at your account to better advise you!

I did, and they were able to help (though for the record for others - I needed to clear cookies for Asana in Chrome).

3 Likes