Checklist in task cards

Yes I need this too!!! Please and make sure it has the % complete update on the front of the card

I keep my sub-tasks in an Excel Workbook. Each Worksheet contains a different set of subtasks. If I copy a range and paste it into a blank sub-task, it will create an additional sub-task for each row from Excel.
Not perfect since it still is a lot of work, but at least a lot less typing. Still have to manually assign and set due date.

1 Like

My team has recently migrated to Asana from Trello. The ability to create a checklist within a task is definitely one of the things we miss. I hope this feature is rolled out soon.

Nearly everything about Asana makes me want to switch from Trello, but without the ability to put a checklist as part of a task it’s nearly useless for my application. Every single task for my application has a templated or unique checklist associated with it. Please add this feature so I can actually switch to this platform!

Please add checklists to tasks. People are requesting this fro a long time now.

Particularly for template tasks it would be a huge help to have predefined checklists to keep consistency in our work.

2 Likes

I would also like to express my need for checklists!

1 Like

Would be nice to have checklists.

1 Like

+1 for checklists! love the Trello variant, and it kills me not to find a similar feature in Asana

Two years Asana… this has been requested for more than two years.
One can still hope…

I vote for checklists aswell. I’m wondering about going back to Trello as I miss them so much

2 Likes

We also need checklists, please add this Asana team.

2 Likes

Considering this was first asked in 2018, and it’s now 2021… I have a feeling they are not going to add this and have no plans to add it. I was really hoping I could drop Trello because Atlassian is doing a terrible job dealing with universal accounts between their sites. A checklist is a huge feature to be missing from Asana, and sadly making it a poor alternative. *sigh

1 Like

Yeah 2018 - 2021 with no movement means you wont get it. That’s a shame since Asana is superior to Trello in a LOT of ways and offers many more features. Trello is prettier, has checklists, and allows you to assign a card to multiple users. Those last two are a big deal for me.

1 Like

I also back this up. ClickUp is a much more complete tool than Asana! I’m stuck with Asana because of all my team structure but can we expect checklists soon?

1 Like

Yep +1

I would like to propose this be unmarked as “solved.” This is marked as a solution, but it’s not actually a solution to the original question. This is also pretty clear from all of the responses and thread views over several years…subtasks and checklists are simply different features.

4 Likes

yes to checklists, they would be immensely helpful

Hi everyone! We have recently implemented Multi-Select custom fields → New Custom Field Type! Use Multi-select to evolve how your team tracks work. With this new custom field type, you can create a single field that allows you to select multiple options, similar to a checklist! If this is still not the feature you are requesting, I recommend you creating a request in our #productfeedback category with more details on how this would be different from multi-select custom fields and your use cases! Thank you!