Changing project from list view to board view

I want to vote for this multiple times, because of how much I want this feature.

People in my organisation work in different ways. Some prefer lists, some the boards, and that preference can change depending on the context. Simply changing the view of the same data would be extremely valuable to us.

11 Likes

+1 to this feature

3 Likes

Hi Alexis, are there any news on developing a feature to switch boards to lists and vice versa? Do you know TASKWORLD ? They do that feature very well, but ASANA is much better overall. But would be really really great to implement that feature.

1 Like

+1 here too

TeamworkPM https://www.teamwork.com/asana-alternative has also a nice solution for that. But their IOS Apps are unusable, I want to stay at ASANA. Is there any roadmap for that feature?

2 Likes

@OSTMOST please refer to this #productfeedback thread for updates: Switching from Boards to List View (and vice versa)

A post was merged into an existing topic: Switching from Boards to List View (and vice versa)

Any update to the feature request?

@Alexis - unfortunately the thread you are referring to is closed …

Hi Noemo - Yes, the thread was closed deliberately. We’re aware of the Community’s and your interest in this feature. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Asana.

This was listed as a task and an Asana rep stated it had been prioritized in March 2017. I’m pretty sure you don’t consider prioritized a feature that takes one year to do, so could you clarify please what it is from the below?

1. The feature is not a priority. It may or may not be done at some point. Sorry
  2. It is a priority still, it slipped through the cracks and we are on it now
  3. We don’t want to do it, sorry.

Just an answer 1,2 or 3 would be fine - it is what it is, the community can only ask and then you decide. I have some projects I need to switch out and the workarounds are a bit funky.

thx :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi Jonathan - We appreciate your enthusiasm here! We aren’t able to provide specific details about Asana’s product roadmap. However, we are able to confirm that this is a request that the team is aware of and we’re balancing it alongside the other customer requests we’ve received. Let us know if there’s anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

Is there an update on a feature that auto converts from board to list? Seems as if there has been tremendous demand from the users for over a year.

Thanks a lot for listening to us

Hi George! Please refer to my previous comment ^^^

I’m in the process of evaluating a new PM tool and Asana is high on the list. But the fact that it takes you over a year to implement features that your users are begging for is disheartening. The lack of view switch option and the lack of Markdown support just seems so basic. I might look past it for now, but definitely upgrading to a paid account until these are implemented.

3 Likes

Hi Alexis,

My question is: Is this feature yet in your the development plan? if yes, where can i see and follow it?
Does Asana use some kind of systems such as uservoice where users can follow up with the dev team such as Microsoft does here? https://microsoftproject.uservoice.com/forums/218133-microsoft-project

Hi Kimi - I appreciate your enthusiasm here! Asana doesn’t have a public facing product roadmap at this time. If you’d like to learn more about our product development process check out this Medium article from our head of product: How we build our Product Roadmap at Asana | by Jackie Bavaro | Medium

Thanks for sharing Alexis.

Hi Alexis, i cannot understand why such a vital feature that a lot of your customers are asking for will not be implemented. Why ist Asana not able to say anything specifically about this? There are a lot of tools right now (with much less power than asana) that have made switching from board to list view very comfortable for example: https://www.getflow.com/

We really need that feature every day. Please Alexis, can you rout that request to anybody at Asana who is responible and is able to get us a detailed answer to that request.

+1 for this basic functionality!