Change easily collaborators of ALL task in a project

Hi there!

I have a question: is it possible to change automatically the collaborators of EACH task in a project? I have templates with aprox. 200 tasks and for each project I have to put a collaborator a different person - at the moment I have a template for each collaborator but whenever I make changes in one template I have to do it manually in the others. Which brings me to my next question, is there a way to update more projects at the same time?

Thanks a lot in advance!

HI @Karolina
are you on PREMIUM?
If yes, you can easily perform an advanced search to get the tasks followed by a specific user in a specific project or projects.
Refer to this post where I’ve added some notes on how to do this How do I view tasks for everyone? - #3 by Sebastien_Levesque
Regards
@Sebastien_Levesque

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. If I understood correctly, your post is about viewing tasks, right? What I want is to be able to monitor how the project is going (I manage a team of project managers and I want to see in my inbox the progress of the task in each project, but since I’m not managing all of the project managers, I have 2 other colleagues with different teams but they all use the same template).

Hi
you’re right that my other post was for viewing task and, in fact, I did not complete my answer… .
Once you have all of the tasks listed as a report in the advance search, you can select up to 50 tasks and change all at the same time the collaborators. But this remain a manual action every time your template is copied.

Maybe considering to have all of your 3 colleagues in the tasks from the template and select the option to unfollow project in the notification from your inbox once you receive a notification from a project you don’t want to be notified of… I’m not sure if this will remove you as collaborator from all of the task… maybe @Marie can help confirming this.

@Sebastien_Levesque

Hi @Karolina and thanks for the mention @Sebastien_Levesque!

1. is it possible to change automatically the collaborators of EACH task in a project?
    There is no easy way to update collaborators on multiple tasks at once, but using the Advanced Search to search for all tasks of your templates and then use the multiselect to edit all collaborators at once since like the quickest option.

2. is there a way to update more projects at the same time?
    Not really! When multihoming tasks in multiple projects, updating the task in one project will automatically update it in all projects, but this feature only work at the task level, we don’t have any equivalent at the project level!

Hope this helps!

Only thing here is, only 50 tasks can be selected at a time. We have hundreds/thousands