CC list of email addresses is not fully recognized as collaborators in the task

Hi,

I have a problem in sending emails (from gmail) to Asana. Basically I want the list of CCs to be added to the task as collaborators. However only the first address is taken as collaborator. Examples:

1. I send the email to a team member in Asana in TO address and as CCs another team member and another email address (no team member)
    In this case, I get the task with one collaborator the TO address

2. I send the email to x@mail.asana.com and as CCs 2 team member and another email address (no team member)
    In this case, I get the task with one collaborator which is the first team member in my CC list.

I am wondering if this is a bug, or I am missing something?

Thank you

Hey @vangelis1!

I am sorry to hear that you are running into issues here.

1. Could you please try to send the email to both “x@mail.asana.com” as well as to the Team Member you would like to become the Tasks Assignee? This should resolve your first issue and allow for this Team Member to not only be added as a Collaborator but also Assignee.

2. I have tested this on my end and was unfortunately not able to reproduce the issue you are experiencing. For this as well as the issue you are experiencing with adding Collaborators via the CC of your email I would recommend for you to reach out to our Support Team directly. They will be able to better troubleshoot this with you, if you reach out to them please provide them with the link to this thread so they can assist you straight away.

I am sorry that I could not be of more help with this issue :frowning_face:

1 Like

Hi Edda,

Meanwhile, I had tried the option # 1. Yes using the x@ address and the team member as CC, seems to be working. But again no more than one collaborators can be added (eg. by adding more than one CC email addresses).

For the option # 2, i am not sure how you ran it, but definitely i’ll reach support for this.

Don’t worrry …:slight_smile: , you were helpful a lot.

Cheers,

Vangelis N.

1 Like