Categories disappeared

Help! I had organized all of my projects creating a category by month. I made the due date the first of the month. All that work is gone. Now the Categories have lost their due date. Spend hours doing this and now I’m having to go back and fix dozens of projects. Ideas?

Example
MARCH 2020

• Task 1 - march 1
  • Task 2 - march 15
    etc.

Sorry I meant Sections.

Hi @Sandy_McBride and thank you for reaching out!

Sorry for the trouble here. It seems that you have been migrated to the new data model. With his new model, among other features, you have the ability to switch the view of the same project from Board to List and vice versa. To be able to achieve this, we have made Sections (from List project) equivalent to Columns (in Board Project), so List Sections now behave different and they don’t contain data anymore. You can learn more about this change in the following article: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide.

Pleas note that for those Sections that previously contained data, we have created a task right below your Section, with the same title that contains all the metadata that your old Section used to contain, so you shouldn’t be loosing any information.

I understand this might be disturbing your workflow, and I’m really sorry for the inconvenience but please let me know if you have any follow-up questions!