Can't view individual team members calendars anymore!!

Yesterday we could view individual team members calendars to see how they scheduled their week in order to plan in more work load - now we can’t view it at all, only our own personal calendars. Just to reiterate, I need to be able to see INDIVIDUAL team member calendars, not the whole team’s calendars as one.

Steps to reproduce:
Click on individual team members profile. No longer showing the ‘calendar’ option to view tasks, only task list.

Browser version:
Chrome Version 80.0.3987.162 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:

1 Like

Welcome to the Forum @Abi_Trotman and thank you for reaching out!

I can confirm this is not a Bug but actually a new update we are currently rolling out regarding your My Tasks. Please have a look at this post I just wrote regarding this topic: Unable to see Calendar view for other members

Apologies for the confusion this might have caused you and of course if you have any follow-up questions, please let us know!

HI @Natalia, thank you for your quick reply. Our organisation has built an entire process based on being able to view individual team members calendars freely. Is there a way that we can set our individual profiles to public? Having them as private is just not beneficial in the slightest and causes LOADS of problems for us. We’re a small team and are currently working remotely due to Covid-19 - we need to be able to see individual calendars. Is there anything we can do?

2 Likes

Abi,

I am dealing with the same issue. This is extremely frustrating and causing a massive headache–in addition, there was no warning! We really need this functionality as our internal work process depends on it. To my knowledge, there is no way to make task pages public. In addition, not many of my employees are tech savvy and hands on training isnt possible due to CV-19!

Support, please help.

Hi @Abi_Trotman and @Eli_Whittle. I’m sorry for the delay in responding and

As you might have noticed, we have temporarily rolled back this update and our Team is currently evaluating the capability to add back the Calendar view on another user’s Profile view. Hopefully, we will come up with a solution that works best for you!

Thank you for reaching out in the Forum and sincere apologies if this has affected your workflow! Have a great day!