Can't see the projects within teams

DO NOT LAUNCH IT TO ANY USER. We are not a new user either, you need to let people opt into beta’s and give advanced notice for any tests, conclusions on tests etc. Do some change management, OR let people customize their side bars instead of having your internal team make changes based on the latest shiny feature suggestion. Your features are not features, your changes are not helpful, and you aren’t seeking input from people who are using this tool every day. People will look for more professional tools if you can’t deliver on keeping a project management tool consistent and highly efficient. You still don’t have a way to build time tracking data into your workflow tool from forecast and harvest, two companies you own. You still haven’t resolved issues with subtask functionality and recurring issues. You still don’t have the ability to import custom colors/icons for project organization. I don’t know who is approving your dev scopes for feature builds, but changing colors and reorganizing a menu bar to be LESS efficient is making me question if anything functional is ever going to be released, or if I should just bite the bullet and finally move to jira.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for sharing your feedback with us about this test. I completely understand your frustration, and we will definitely consider all your comments when reviewing the test results.

I escalated your reports about not being new users to our Product Team today, and I hope to have news soon. I’ll let you know as soon as I have more information!

It looks like some updates to how the projects are displayed in the side nav have gone out…

The projects used to be organized by team and quickly accessible, so I could just scroll down to Team A and click on project B to quickly get to that board. Now I have to either 1. Hope I visited the board recently so a shortcut is in the “Recent Projects” list, 2. search for the board, or 3. Click on the team, then click on the board.

As a PM, I miss having the organized list of projects / boards per team and not having to click as much to move between projects.

1 Like

Hi @anon13627270, thanks for reaching out! We have an existing thread on this topic, so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with Can't see the projects within teams - #22 by Emily_Roman to consolidate feedback. I will update the main thread once I have more information abut this update!

We’re experiencing significant usability loss right now with this change.

My team is tasked with moving between projects on teams on an hourly basis. Previously we could see the top couple projects and then expand with a click, allowing us to stay on the same page and still navigate between projects. Now we’re having to click on the team on the left hand bar just to get to the list of projects. This adds multiple clicks and page navigation to our daily tasks.

Whereas there used to be a high level of organization and visibility, the projects are now jumbled together, many repeated in the favorites and recent projects, and the organized list not reachable without drilling into each team, and even then you’re still having to do the same clicks on top of this new additional click, to navigate to the project you’re looking for.

We partner with all departments with our organization and expect them to utilize Asana to submit requests/get status updates, etc., and this change has many people reaching out to us asking how to get to the data they need, that used to be easily accessible, and is now hidden away.

1 Like

Oh no. Please consider reverting this and allowing people to opt in to the test. This change has completely negatively impacted how our team uses Asana, how we have projects organized and teams organized. We have been users since 2017 so @Emily_Roman please add us to the list of longtime users who are incredibly frustrated and not sure exactly how to move forward with our whole workflow upended by this change.

My current plan is to now spend today creating workarounds by fudging project names so they start like: !a! !b! to recategorize them out of this forced alphabetical order. Which is going to look and be ridiculous.

2 Likes

Hi everyone, and so sorry again for the trouble here!

After rolling out this test to 10% of new users, we identified an issue affecting the existing users experience. We have made the decision to roll back this test and delay our initial rollout plan to provide our customers with the best experience possible. You will need to refresh your screens to go back to the previous version. Our Team is hard at work to get this fixed, and we will consider all your feedback.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you SO MUCH! Our team is cheering and high fiving over here. We are super grateful. If your team wants any input on why this was such an impactful and negative change, I’m happy to give some detailed feedback. Thank you to the whole Asana team for listening and rolling it back!

2 Likes

Amazing!! It’s back. Thanks so much for fixing this right away!! Sad news, now I have to go back to work and can’t just take the day off. :laughing:

Thanks for rolling back. As Jodi_Egerton above me said: If you want some detailed feedback as to why the current solution is infinitely better for our workflow, just send me a message.

1 Like

We were also impacted by this change yesterday. We have been using Asana for years. This change is a disaster for how we use Asana. Please do not make this change! We need to see the projects listed under teams in the side nav panel, otherwise Asana becomes almost unusable for our users.

3 Likes

We have literally thousands of projects spread across many many teams. Having them grouped under one heading “Projects” is totally useless and counter productive. This really is a solution in search of a problem. Just leave the side bar as it is!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.