Can't save workspace for forwarding emails

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Under My Profile Settings>Email Forwarding, it won’t allow me to save a workspace location for tasks to be forwarded from my Outlook email.

Steps to reproduce: My Profile Settings>Email Forwarding>“Create Tasks and Conversations In” drop down list. Select “My Company.” When I exit the window or select another tab, the “My Company” disappears.

Browser version: IE 11

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Timothy_Onarecker and and welcome to the Forum :wave:

Thank you so much for reaching out. In order to fully understand this issue could you please confirm in which space are you trying to create a task?

I can see both from your screenshot and on our system that you can create tasks in your “My Company” space using your “.com” email. Are you also trying to add your “.edu” email to “My Company” space?

You can find more information about adding an email address to your account in the following article: How to Control Your Profile Settings in Asana | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the assistance! I’m trying to add my “.edu” email to the “My Company” space. In the drop-down list in the screenshot above, “My Company” is there and I can select it. However, once I navigate to another tab or exit, the “My Company” for the “.edu” email goes back to the blank.

Tim

Hi @Timothy_Onarecker,

Marie here, stepping in for @Natalia :slight_smile:

From what I’m seeing, it looks like you have removed your .edu email address from your Asana account, which means you lost access to your other Organisation. I9f you didn’t mean to do this, no worries at all, our support team should be able to add this email address again to your account, giving you access again to this other Org! Once this is fixed, they’ll also be able to help you sort out your email notification too!

Sorry for not being able to help you further via the Forum but our support team will be better equipped to help you resolve this issue quickly!

1 Like

Hi Marie,

So to try to fix it, I attempted to remove and then reauthenticate it again. I received the email verification and followed the link. Now I have the “merging accounts is taking longer than expected. Check back in a few minutes” with the never ending spinning wheel. Guess I’ll just give it more time? Seems like it’s not going to work.

Tim

Hi @Timothy_Onarecker,

Unfortunately, I can’t see enough on my end to help you directly via the Forum, but our support team will be able to take a closer look into this for you and manually merge your account. You can reach out to them following these steps: https://forum.asana.com/t/how-do-i-contact-support/19057/7?u=marie
Hope this gets resolved soon Timothy, sorry for the trouble there!