Can't edit project template I created and then left

I created a template for projects that my team use although I was added as a collaborator to each project that used said template. Because of this I removed myself from the project but now it’s “comment only” and thus I can’t edit the template OR join the project again. I can’t even delete the project. What should I do?

Hi @Jesper_Stenberg! Is anybody else member of this template? Anyone with “Can edit” rights in this project should be able to switch you back to “Can Edit” following these steps: Project permissions | Product guide • Asana Product Guide

Hope this helps! :wink:

Hi @Marie!

Unfortunately, since I left, there are no members in this project. Is there any way to add someone to this project even if no one is project owner?

Regards,
Jesper

1 Like

No worries @Jesper_Stenberg, our support team should be able to help you to access this project again; you can reach out to them following these steps:

I am having a similar issue in that I want to setup a template, but do not want to be a ‘collaborator’ of said template each time it is used. Is there any way to do this?

Hi @Matt_Stevens, the best way to do this, is to remove yourself as collaborator on all tasks you have created in your template. This can be done in a few clicks:

1. Access the Template
  2. Multiselect all tasks of the template
  3. Open the Collaborator field and remove yourself

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any folow-up questions!

Hi Marie,

Sincere thanks for your response.

Your proposed solution appears to allow me to remove myself from updates at a task level, but I am still a member of any project created with the template, and also receive notifications when a new project is created with said template.

I appreciate it is trivial, but given we are contemplating setting up 250+ projects from the one template, ideally I’d prefer not to receive these updates, and be a part of each project if possible.

Got it! I’m afraid that if you want to remain member of the template and projects created from this template, you will automatically be notified of their creation. Note that you can also manage notifications at the project level; here is more info: Setting Up a Project in Asana | Product Guide • Asana Product Guide.