Can't add more than one custom field to a rule

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: I cannot add more than one custom field in a rule that requires a task to multi-home in two projects. The update custom field box is grayed out under actions. Is this the intended function and design limitation?

What we are trying to accomplish:
We heavily use custom fields instead of sections to structure our tasks and would like for tasks assigned to our team from clients update with the current client-facing project’s custom field PLUS multi-home the same task in our internal client project with a second custom field.

Browser version: Chrome

Upload screenshots below:

Hi @Ufuoma_Ogaga, great question!

This is, in fact, intended functionality as you guessed! As Rules are project based, you will only be able to select one custom field from the project you are creating the Rule in.

To update the custom field on the task once it is added to another project, you will need to create a rule in that other project with the trigger “+Task added to project” and action “Set XXX field”.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

But there is no ability to narrow the criteria using an If this, then do this logic.

I want something like this in the second project:
If a task is added from Project X and has custom field Y, update the task to add custom field X.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.