Cannot login to asana, page is loading infinitely

I restarted my Chrome browser to update it, I can’t use Asana anymore.

The main screen is loading infinitely and there is nothing I can do.
I cleared cookies and got the auth form, but I got stuck all the same.

There seems to be an error with the JS bundle loaded by the browser.

1 Like

Clearing all cache didn’t help either.

@Kimberlea @Marie FYI, this is completely blocking me, might affect others. Can’t access support from the app, so I used the forum instead.

Hi, @Ambroise_Unly.org,

Can you please run this test and send us a screenshot of the results?

Is this happening with other browsers than Chrome?

1 Like

Hi @Ambroise_Unly.org
You can try the below method
Deactivate AdBlock or any other extension.

Go to inspect → settings gear → Uncheck ‘enable javascript source maps’ and ‘enable css source map’.

Refresh.

Just give it a try and refresh!

White page, same error.

This did work.

But, as I’m a developer it’s not reliable as I need those enabled.
I didn’t had to disable any extension.

1 Like

But disabling JS/CSS source map didn’t work on the Asana app itself, though. :frowning_face:

Looks like there is something wrong with Uncaught ReferenceError: Deserializer is not defined

1 Like

It works properly with Firefox. :slight_smile:

Alright - glad to hear it is working on Firefox so you’re at least able access your account!

@Soumyadeep_Mandal thanks for recommending to remove Adblock - on a similar note and to rule out browser extension issue, @Ambroise_Unly.org are you able to reproduce with an incognito Chrome window?

1 Like

It does work in incognito mode…

I’ll take a deeper look at the extensions, thanks!

1 Like

I do have the same problem with Safari.

1 Like

I eventually deactivated many extensions, and noticed 2 of them (at least) were causing the issue.

But this is very awkward as I’ve had those extensions for quite some times (years) and never had issues with those. (Adblock + GraphQL)

Why do extension break the whole Asana app? Why does it happen with Asana only?

Extensions causing issues:

3 Likes

Hi @Ambroise_Unly.org, it is hard to tell since I’m not familiar with these extensions but when this happens, it is usually because the extension java script is corrupting Asana’s script!

@Bastien_Siebman or @Phil_Seeman may know more on this topic?

Not really sorry :man_shrugging: those extensions can do many things, hard to know

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.