Cannot figure out how to import tasks correctly

I had this problem a year ago and couldn’t get answers on what I was doing wrong, so I avoided importing tasks and just added them manually. But now I have a project I need to add 200 tasks to so I tried to import again, and it has been a disaster.

I create a CSV file and make sure my headers match the fields in the project. I make sure the mapping looks correct, but when I import the data doesn’t fill in to the existing fields. It creates additional fields with the same headers.

I understand there are several fields for Sub Account because it was labeled differently, but there are multiple Sub Account fields that are labeled the same. There are duplicate fields for Carriers, Category, Sub Category, and Service Address as well.

I feel like the dumbest person on this forum because I can’t figure out my error, but I’m at my wits end on this. I need help.

And also, I can’t delete any of the fields even if I delete the tasks. The duplicate fields remain - making the entire project look like a mess.

Hi @dtesterman, thanks for reaching out :slight_smile:

In this case, I’d suggest getting in contact with our Support team and providing them with your CSV file so they can have a look to find out what might be going wrong here.

You can contact them by following the steps below:

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.