Can you import multiple CSV files into the same project?

I imported 10 tasks with custom fields into a new project. Then later I tried to import 10 additional tasks to the same project. But instead of populating the existing fields, Asana created duplicates of some of the custom fields. for example, one of the custom fields was a text field for sub-account number. When I imported the second group of tasks, Asana left that field blank, and created another sub-account number field with the data. It did the same with a column called Notes.

The second import also filled in randomly among the existing tasks.

First import:

After 2nd import:

HI @dtesterman :wave:

Sorry for the trouble here. I can confirm that it is possible to import multiple CSV into the same project as long as you are importing new tasks and not trying to update the existing ones. It is

Regarding Custom Fields, you should be able to import new tasks containing existing Custom Fields in the Project. To do so, please make sure you are following the steps outlined in this handy article: Asana CSV Importer • Asana Product Guide

If this doesn’t help, please let me know and I’ll be more than happy to assist you further. Have a great Monday!

2 Likes

Hi Natalia,

I created a whole new project and tried multiple imports again, and the same thing happened.

Imported the first CSV file (test2):

Then I used the same CSV file, but I changed the file name (test3) and changed the task names, carriers and account numbers. Then imported the second file:

It created a second column for Sub-Account # and a second Notes column.

I also can’t figure out why it imports the tasks randomly among the previous tasks.

Here is the link to the project in Asana:

https://app.asana.com/0/1147945426927649/list

I am attaching the CSV files I uploaded.

(Attachment Test2.csv is missing)

(Attachment Test3.csv is missing)

1 Like

The forum won’t let me upload the CSV attachments.

Sorry for the delay in responding @dtesterman

In this case, since we would need to access to the CSV file and other private information that for security reasons, can’t be shared publicly in the Forum, I would recommend to reach out to our support team with the following information:

• The URL of this conversation to save you from re-explaining everything
  • Your CSV file

With this information, our support team will be able to assist you further! Sorry for not being able to help you further via the Forum with this specific issue, but don’t hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can help with!

1 Like