Can I use advanced search function, and field settings to return blank field results?

I have a custom field set up to capture the invoice and payment status of a task (titled: “Invoiced?”). This is very useful to us in terms of creating custom monthly reports through advanced searches. However, I cant see a way to search for tasks where this field has not yet been captured. I need to somehow be able to search for all tasks with a blank “Invoiced?” field. Is this currently possible?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Chantelle_Crawford :wave: Welcome to the Forum!

As it stands, it is not possible to search for tasks that doesn’t contain a certain Custom Field. This is possible to achieve though when using Tags. You are able to run an Advanced Search for Task that doesn’t contain a certain Tag.

This seems like a good opportunity to create a new thread in the #productfeedback :slight_smile:

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with!

1 Like

@Chantelle_Crawford and @Natalia,

I wonder if Naty misunderstood (or maybe I misunderstand) but the above shows a search for an empty dropdown custom field. I added it in the advanced search dialog with the + Add filter v menu > Add Custom Field option.

Hope that helps,

Larry

3 Likes

Hi Larry

Thank you, that’s exactly what I was looking for, so simple!!

4 Likes

Oh good Gosh! :open_mouth:

@Chantelle_Crawford apologies for missing this one! Fortunately, we get the help of the best ones in the Forum! Thank you @lpb for saving me on this! :raised_hands:

I wish you both a great Friday!!

2 Likes