Calendar missing filters

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing: Calendar had filtering capabilities earlier last week - for complete and incomplete tasks. As of Friday, these filters are missing.

Steps to reproduce: go to calendar view, look at menu bar directly over the calendar on top right

Browser version: Chrome 77

Upload screenshots below:

Same issue here, same steps to reproduce.

Google Chrome is up to date

Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Hi @EricTheBren and @Stephanie_Oberg, and thanks for the report.

I don’t have filtering options on my calendar either, but let me check in with the Team and find out what happened there; I’ll be in touch as soon as they get back to me!

2 Likes

Thanks @Marie - I run a daily stand-up and the calendar view is a great way to manage WIP limits.

Without that filter, things are very very confusing to look at.

Looking forward to hearing back from you on an ETA for this functionality to return.

Hi folks and thanks for your patience!

Our team just came back to me and confirm that although they recently changed the Calendar filters UI (to make it consistent with the task list view, filtering complete/incomplete tasks was never implemented as a feature in the Calendar.

Is there any chance you got mixed up with an advanced Search?

The reason why I’m saying this is because you can achieve this view you’re looking for using the Advanced Search; here are the steps to follow:

1. Create an Advanced Search with the following criteria:
  2. Save this Search as Report to easily find it in the future and potentially rename it to something easier to remember
  3. Access the Calendar tab:

I would also recommend adding your votes and comments on this thread from our #productfeedback category; on my end I’ve escalated your feedback internally and will keep you posted in the Forum as soon as I hear anything!

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi @Marie - it was there formerly. I’m attaching a screenshot.

As you can see from the above screenshot, the filter icon is on the far right side above the calendar and below the header. This contained the filter options for “all tasks”, “completed tasks” and “incomplete tasks” filter. The release late last week removed this feature.

I understand that reports can help to filter and view incomplete tasks, but our use-case is reviewing incomplete tasks for a specific project and adding tasks in 1 view. I don’t believe the report view is the right place for that.

This functionality was key in

This topic was automatically closed after 4 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

hi @Marie - any update from the team?

Hi @EricTheBren,

Yes just heard back from the Team. Unfortunately, they did confirm that filtering complete/incomplete tasks were never available under this menu. To be completely honest, I don’t remember seeing it and in the last few screenshots I took to post in this forum I couldn’t find it either. I also took a look at our Guide article dedicated to this calendar menu, and there is no sign of filtering options there either: Asana calendar view options | Product guide • Asana Product Guide.

With that said, I totally see how useful this would be for people scheduling their work directly from their calendar view, so I’ve gone ahead and:

1. Created a new #productfeedback thread for you and other users to tell us how this would be useful to you and to vote for this feature to be implemented; you can access it here: Allow to filter complete/incomplete tasks in the project Calendar view
  2. I also directly escalated a task as part of our Voice of Customer project.

While I can’t promise when this will be implemented, I wanted to spark the discussion both in the Forum and internally to give us the best chances to see this feature come to life in Asana!

Regarding the Advanced Search workaround, you’re completely right; it allows you to filter out completed tasks but unfortunately won’t allow you to add a task to your project.

Sorry this isn’t the ideal outcome, but I hope it helps!

1 Like