Date picker is showing wrong dates on Android app.

Hi,

My calendar looks funny on the mobile app. It is mismatching dates with the weekdays for the current month. It is showing, for example, that today is Thursday 20th when in fact it is 21st November.

This is affecting all my due dates and I cannot follow deadlines on mobile.

Anyone facing the same problem?

Regards,

Pedro (Brazil)

1 Like

Hi @Pedro2 and welcome to the Asana Community Forum!

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the same calendar in your mobile app and in the web app?

Could you also confirm that you have the same timezone set up in your mobile and computer?

Looking forward to your reply Pedro :slight_smile:

PS: Just in case you haven’t noticed yet, our Forum is also available in Portuguese :point_down:
https://forum.asana.com/c/forum-da-comunidade

Looking forward to your reply, have a great day!

Hello Marie,

Here’s the screenshot.

It shows November with two days for 3rd November and as if today it was 21st but it is 22nd.

When I flick to next month I get another November before flicking again to reach December.

Regards,

Pedro

Hello Marie,

Here’s the screenshot.

It shows November with two days for 3rd November and as if today it was 21st but it is 22nd.

When I flick to next month I get another November before flicking again to reach December.

Regards,

Pedro

Hi @Pedro2 and thanks for the additional information!

If you haven’t yet, could you try and reinstall your app? If this doesn’t help, could you please confirm what version of Android you’re running? Could you also let me know the version of your Asana app?

Looking forward to your reply!

Hi Maria,

Already reinstalled app and it did not fix the issue.

Asana version: 6.32.5

Android: 9

Regards.

Pedro

Thanks @Pedro2,

I’ve filed a bug for our team to investigate and I’ll be in touch if we need additional information or as soon as I have an update!

Thanks again for the report!

1 Like

Hi there. Having the same issue here. As an information, Brazil has cancelled the summer time this year and this has generated some bugs with timezones in some softwares. I believe this could be the root. Tks

3 Likes

I’m also in Brazil and I have same bug. Funny thing it’s just the app, the web platform is just fine.
#followingthe thread

2 Likes

Hi,

I have the same bug. The same Task has different dates in Android and in my laptop. The problem is only in the app (android). It has a day of difference. In the web version the date is correct.

Today is 30 november 23h30, but in the app (mobile version) “today” is 01 december.

I’m also in Brazil.

As an information, Brazil has cancelled the summer time this year and this has generated some bugs with timezones in some softwares. I believe this could be the root.

Regards,

TĂşlio Amaral (Brazil)

Same issue here in Brazil

When applying a due date to a task, the app interprets yesterday (Thursday December 5th) as today but it’s Friday December 6th.

Don’t know if it’s a time zone issue.

Android app.

Hi @Joao_Gabler! Thank you for taking time to report this.

Other users in Brazil have reported the same issue and the engineering team is currently working on fixing this bug. I’m adding your report to the existing task we have for this Bug.

I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the existing Bug thread we have in the Forum and I’ll make sure to keep you posted as soon as I have an update!

Apologies for the inconvenience JoĂŁo and thank you for your patience! Have a great Friday!

Hi, i’m using the app for android - galaxy s7 and tab s6. However, the date corresponding to “today” is day -1 (print bellow).

Help me fix it.

(deleting as this post no longer made sense after it was moved to this thread)

Hi @Ricardo_Henrique and welcome to the Forum!

Thank you for taking time to report this. There is an existing Bug report regarding this behaviour and our Engineer Team is currently working to fix it. I’m merging your post to the existing thread we have in the Forum to consolidate and update everything in one thread.

I’ll update here as soon as I have more information about it! Have a great Wednesday Ricardo!

3 Likes

Solução provisória para erro de dia e horas no APP no BRASIL

No mobile
1 - Desativar fuso horário automático
2 - Selecionar fuso horário “manualmente> Fuso horário> escolher (GMT - 3:00) no estado escolher” Bahia "(mesmo Bahia).

Postem os resultados

1 Like

It worked!!

However, i need this bug fixed by asana team, because i have a team with more than 10 members. Several of them doesn’t know how to do this paliative method in their smartphones.

Any news, Asana?

Thank you so much for your patience! This bug should now be solved (providing you’re running the latest version of the Asana app), so I’m moving this thread to #bugs:resolved-bugs). Thanks again for your help and let us know if you’re still experiencing some issues, we’ll be happy to take another look into it!