Business user prompted to upgrade to unlock start date in subtasks

Briefly describe (1-2 sentences) the Bug you’re experiencing:
We are subscribed under the Business plan and are prompted to upgrade to Premium when attempting to do the steps noted below.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Viewing a subtask of a subtask and attempt to assign a start date we see a badge to upgrade to Premium. With Business being a level above Premium I do not believe this should be showing up.
  2. When you drill down to the actual subtask it then allows us to assign a start date and no badge appears.

Browser version: Version 75.0.3770.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Upload screenshots below:
Tier%203%20Subtask%20Prompts%20Premium

Edit to browser version: Chrome Version 75.0.3770.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Does the business plan apply to the entire organisation or only some teams?

Because subtask are not part of the parent task project, then a subtask is not part of any project and then not part of any team thus not having business feature (if you are on a per-team basis). @Marie am I right?

Hi, @melissaross_Wilson Thank you for reaching out!

@Bastien_Siebman gave you a great piece of answer here; from what I’m seeing on my end, your Business plan applies to one of your teams as opposed to your whole Organisation.

Generally speaking, when a Subtask is created, it is not automatically associated with the project that its parent task is nested in (You can learn more about this in the following article: https://asana.com/guide/help/tasks/subtasks#gl-subtask-project). Because the subtask doesn’t belong to a project, our system doesn’t know to which team it belongs either and does not automatically nest it in your Premium team.

You could solve this by manually adding your subtask to the project following the steps outlined here: https://asana.com/guide/help/tasks/subtasks#gl-subtask-project.

Hope this helps! But if you have any follow-up questions, feel free to reply on this thread, we will be more than happy to help!

Have a great Friday!

1 Like