Bullets in Description

When using numbered bullets in the description of a task : Example- There are three bullet points numbered 1-3. The second bullet point is deleted. The third bullet point then renumbers from 3 to 1 instead of renumbering to 2. The Third bullet point should renumber to 2 when the middle bullet point is deleted.

Yes! Seems to be a little bug. The way I found around is to select the bullet you want to delete from the one after, delete bullet two from the beginning of 3. Seems then to work. Including if you have some bullets after they all renumber ok. I have made a mini video to explain better :smiley: Link here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

2 Likes

Hi, @Ashley_Stauffer Apologies for the trouble! We were trying this here on our end and we can actually replicate this behaviour. However, it looks like this happens in any other software or page using Rich Text, not only in Asana. I’ve seen the same behaviour in the app we use to reply to emails, for example. This is a Rich Text limitation, but the workaround provided by @Narcis_Sauleda seems to work. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ahh. Interesting. Thank you for taking the time to test this on your end! Yes, I will use the workaround that @Narcis_Sauleda has recommended! Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi - I don’t understand how this is a “Solution” when we can use standard formatting options in comments on a task. Why can’t this formatting option be added to the task Description? It makes no sense that I would have to copy/paste from a formatted text to get numbers, then perform contortions to maintain numbering if I need to edit the Description (which can occur frequently depending on the project).