Bug in permissions

This field is not from a project the user has permissions. Yet he can remove that field!

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create Project A, add Field A
  2. Create Project B, add Field B
  3. Create task add the 2 projects
  4. Give permissions to User A to Project A
  5. User A is able to remove value from Field B in the task

Browser version: Chrome latest

1 Like

Hi @Jandieg and thanks for the report! Could you please reach out to our support team with the following info?

1. Email of your colleague (User A in your example)
  2. URL of the task you shared the screenshot from
  3. URL of the project this task belongs to
  4. URL of this thread (so you don’t have to re-explain everything)

Investigating this issue involves a lot of private information that can’t be shared in a public Forum, so our support team will be in a better position to help!
Marking this thread resolved from the Forum end, but if you have a chance keep us posted once you found the solution to this problem :slight_smile:

No need for sharing private info. I provided the repro steps, so that any QA engineer can reproduce on their end. Let me know if after that you still need my data.

I also sent an email to asana support.

@Marie, @Jandieg, @Juan_Diego,

I believe this is the expected behavior, not a bug.

For an explanation, see:

For workarounds, see:

Perhaps this thread should either be merged, or re-created as a product feedback votable request?

Thanks,

Larry

1 Like

For vote. Because same task (usually in workflows) it goes through different departments, each has it’s relevant fields. And precisely different projects are created to keep things separate, and enforcing users to only edit what they are authorized to.

1 Like

Happy Monday everybody!

I’ve gone ahead and moved the thread mentioned by Larry to the #productfeedback category

Feel free to cast your vote! Have a great day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 16 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.