Browser and Internet crashing upon launch of Asana

Hi all,

I have suddenly come across and issue where every time I launch Asana in my browser it crashes and disconnects my internet from my laptop and the only way I can get it back is by restarting my laptop.

I have tried it in chrome and Firefox on the latest versions but am having no success. I am able to access to projects on my iPad and iPhone without any issues but no luck on the browser.

Any ideas?

I have reached out to support awaiting a response but though I may get a quicker solution here?

Appreciate and feedback

Hi @TheoG

There are multiple possibilities for why your Web browser is crashing.

1. Consider upgrading RAM to 8GB or getting a new PC with at least 8GB RAM.
  2. I’m assuming that you are using Google Chrome & Firefox, you can try to use Microsoft Edge(chromium) to see if they are crashing too. If they don’t, then just uninstalling and then reinstalling Google Chrome will mostly solve your issue.
  3. Make sure you don’t have multiple extensions enabled on your browser.
  4. Make sure that there shouldn’t be multiple programs running in background if you have less RAM.

I hope it will solve your issue. Have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi @TheoG, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

You can also try these troubleshooting steps here to see if any of these help resolve the issue:

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks all,

I have gone through all the browser settings, tips and recommendations and confirming that I have 16GB RAM.

I recently removed me from a workspace I had after creating an organization and maybe a coincidence but it all went down hill from there.

I have reached out to support so I will see what they come back with hopefully today.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.