Boards on Mobile - Completed Tasks not Disappearing

I’ve googled this issue and have not seen a solution to it yet. On iOS, when using a Board project, completed tasks grey out but don’t disappear. This is a major frustration and there’s no obvious way to make completed tasks disappear.

Am I missing something? This makes it essentially unusable for us, especially since completed tasks don’t automatically rearrange themselves to the bottom of the pile.

Surely I’m missing something…the board features couldn’t be this stupid?

My team uses a “Completed” column at the far right of most of our boards and we move completed tasks there. I don’t use Asana on a mobile, but it sounds like there may be a known issue there based on similar threads I’ve found.

3 Likes

Dear Asana team, please fix this bug. It is annoying AF and unfortunately this bug forced me to start using Trello instead of Asana. And Trello is ugly :frowning: My life is ruined :frowning:

4 Likes

Asana fixed this in Feb with the most recent iOS update. There is button top right (2 horizontal lines) which you can select and filter to only show incomplete tasks. It works perfectly.

BUT you can’t filter on Android yet. Asana, please add this option to Android ASAP!!! This is a major issue.

11 Likes

agree. this is incredible annoying

4 Likes

I’m on Android. This is still a pain. I just don’t understand why this wasn’t implemented from the start.

7 Likes

Yes, this cripples my team as well. My project manager can’t change the view to see just incomplete tasks on Android. Really need this fixed asap.

3 Likes

Yes! Please fix!!

3 Likes

Asana, please get your act together and fix this. Our boards are unusable on mobile, full of completed tasks

4 Likes

Any news on that?

1 Like

Not at the moment @Patrick_EMIN, but I’ll make sure to update this thread as soon as I have an update. In the meantime, Ryan’s workaround is probably the best option!

1 Like

This is a major bug. It has been around for months. It should be corrected by now.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input @Patrick_EMIN; this is actually more a feature request than a bug. Either way, I totally understand why you’re missing this feature, and I’m keeping a close eye on the situation. Thanks for your patience and understanding,

Any update on this please? It’s a huge blocker to us using the mobile version… I can’t understand why you would fix on iOS and not Android simultaneously.

3 Likes

Hi @Andy8 and welcome to the Forum :slight_smile:

I’ve reported the issue to our Development Team; we are definitely planning to implement this feature in Android but unfortunately, I don’t have an update to share just now. I’ll make sure to update this thread as soon as I do!

Not that it helps, but our team has been very frustrated with this on Android.
It doesn’t matter if it’s a feature request or a bug, it makes the mobile app completely unusable. Even if you do try and scroll through the enormous list, the list resets and jumps around so you can’t actually find the in progress tasks.

4 Likes

Hi Team, just heard back from our Mobile Team who confirmed that this is definitely a priority follow up for them, so I’m hoping to have some good news to share soon :crossed_fingers:t3: Thank you so much for your patience!

2 Likes

The option to view only incomplete tasks in the phone Asana app would be very useful. It is possible on the web but on the phone, completed tasks just clog up the collums unless you delete each task after completion.

1 Like

That is weird @Inommann I always thought that the default view saved for everyone on the Web is the view that is defaulted to on the Mobile App. Can you check?

Jason.

Hi @Inommann and @Jason_Woods :wave:t3:

@Jason_Woods, you’re right when saying that the saved default view is the same on the Web and Mobile app; that is true for everything except for the incomplete tasks view on Boards in our Android mobile app! @Inommann, we already have a thread on this topic, so I have gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread!

1 Like