Block raising tasks for certain people

Hi,
We are currently having a production issue… Basically we allocate our developers time out on a Monday for the week so everyone in the team knows what developers are working on which tasks throughout the week.
However everyone is human & people are adding in additional tasks throughout the week which then delays the already prioritised tasks.
Is there a way to block peoples lists so no one can raise tasks until the following week, or maybe only selected people are allowed to approved tasks going in to developers tasks lists?

Hi @Ben_Moore1 the only option I can think of would be for each individual developer or the Admin of that team to set that person to be Away each Monday…

There maybe a function in Workload for Portfolio as well.

Sorry not much help…

Welcome to the community…

Jason.

3 Likes

Hi @Jason_Woods no worries, I figured it was going to be a tough one. I have been using Asana for years & haven’t been able to find a solution, I was hoping I had missed an update or a setting :slightly_smiling_face:
I will check Workload for Portfolio. If that doesn’t work then I will introduce a fine board for people raising tasks on the days they shouldn’t be haha.
Best,
Ben

2 Likes

Good idea and in the spirit of Carrot beats Stick. Rewards for the people who don’t raise tasks on days they shouldn’t…

Good luck…

Jason.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.