Bigger Sidebar or Ability to open a wide view

Hey @Rick_Walters

The left sidebar does need work, no argument there. I suggest to all my clients to use the search bar instead of the sidebar for navigation. It is much quicker.

It would be nice if they added the Team breadcrumb by default above the project name, rendering the left sidebar moot for most cases.

Hi @Rick_Walters, welcome to the Asana Community Forum and thanks for your feedback!

We already have a thread on this topic so I’ve gone ahead and merged your post with the main thread to centralize feedback.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates in the main thread :slight_smile:

Respectfully, I read this thread and don’t think that I am asking for the side-bar to be “wider.” I am specifically pointing to the real-estate in the left navigation that can’t be hidden or removed. Those links are just “taking up space.” While I agree that the left nav bar should be able to be resized, I understand enough about web design to know that by making it a collapsable drawer, it is difficult to also resize it. No, what I am frustrated with is the space that system links that I never use take up. I want to see more my links on the left nav, not a set of links I never use.

The inability to resize the left-hand nav bar is real bummer. And looks like it’s been mentioned before in this board category.

Hey @James_Wesson and welcome to the Asana Forum :slight_smile:

I recommend upvoting on this existing thread: Bigger Sidebar or Ability to open a wide view

And here you can find some workarounds: SideBar Adjust Size / Width - #2 by Sam_Bevis

This has been asked for since 2016. Maybe it’s time to seriously consider something that a LOT of people have been asking for for a LONG time? Thanks.

Just adding my vote for this one, thanks!