Better handle recurring tasks in Timeline view

Hi,

When I complete a recurring task, it would be great if the next iteration of that task populated in the same timeline row as the previous one.

Most commonly, recurring tasks are used for standard work or meetings (often one day to one week in length) which fit very cleanly into the same row. It’s rare that recurring tasks have dependencies or time overlaps (the same-row rule could be excepted in this corner case) so this arrangement tweak would help much more than hurt.

Please let me know what you think!
Pat

Hi @Patrick_Fuller, welcome to the Asana Community forum :wave:t2:

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback! While this feature isn’t available at this time, hopefully it’s something our Product team can implement in the future.

I’ll keep you posted and let you know if we have any updates :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also would love such a feature it messes up my timeline and i have to reorganize by hand.

+1 – I’m working around this limitation by having all of my recurring tasks in their own section that I can collapse to save screen real estate. Clustering recurring tasks into a single row would be great.

As a stretch request, having recurring tasks as first-class objects and instances as their children would be great in many different views. It appears right now that recurrence is basically an attribute – “when this task is completed, make a new one on $date”, without the multiple instances being logically connected and without the conceptual recurring task being an object at all.