Automatically Adding Task Collaborators via Asana Forms

Another +1 for this feature to be added, please!

2 Likes

Why are we still waiting for this feature? Is it too hard?

2 Likes

This is why Flowsana is the best!

2 Likes

+1 on needing this for our org. The use-case is we have a bug submission project that various teams use to submit bugs that are important to their team.

We want the ability for whoever submits the bug / task to be assigned as a collaborator to get follow-up notifications and keep track of the status.

Interesting, this supports my comment up thread that I could have sworn that it was a feature in the past.

1 Like

WOOOHOOOO, now there is an option to automatically add the form submitter as a collaborator on the task. That’s fantastic!!!

BUT there are 2 limitations to that feature:

1. only company members are added → this is a small limitation
  2. the function can only be activated IF the formular is only activated fĂŒr company members → so, if you work together with customers or guests, this feature doesn’t work for you anymore! :frowning:

ASANA, why this??? When will this feature be usable also if the formular is used with others than only company members???

1 Like

To all those reading this thread, this is a new feature being rolled out, currently available to some but not all.

@anon81228582, I just tested and I think you may be mistaken about both of these. The limitation is that the new feature only applies to Org-only forms, not to anyone-can-access forms. But Org-only forms include both Org members and guests and the feature works for me for both members and for guests who are in the Org.

Hope that helps,

Larry

1 Like

@lpb thanks for your explanations!! :clap:
This sounds great and I will test it as well. I was mislead by the descriptions of teh feature!

1 Like

How can we get this available in our Asana org? I need to have the form requestor added as a collaborator on tasks submitted via form automatically.

:heart_eyes: Thanks for adding this functionality

Welcome, @Lauren_Kemp,

It will come automatically to your org soon; we all just have to wait as it’s fully rolled out. You can also watch for announcements here in the Forum.

Thanks,

Larry

Hi Ipb, how will I know when this is enabled? I just switched the form to org only.

Is there an image of the new feature? Thank you!

Welcome, @Stephanie_Tsuei,

It’s still rolling out so perhaps in another week or two look in Edit form > Settings tab > near the bottom for a toggle to turn this on (not far from where you set the form to be Org only).

There will be an announcement officially in the Forum if you watch News - Asana Community Forum

Larry

Thanks Larry, this is looking forward to this timely feature

1 Like

Once this feature became available for our organization, we performed tests and found that non-Asana members would no longer be able to use the form if “Organization Only” was enabled. We will not be able to leverage this new feature until non-Asana members are able to use the form, with the understanding they would not be added as task collaborators. We want to avoid having a non-Asana members form and an Asana members form as this can be confusing for end users.

@Kara_Collins FYI until that enhancement happens (if it does), you can always use the Forms Support feature of our Flowsana integration which works exactly the way you want. :wink:

1 Like

@Kara_Collins,

I did too and I got different results, so perhaps we’re not talking about the same thing, or maybe check again, or maybe something changed since i ran the test???

Larry

Our organization is considering Flowsana to create enhancements in Asana in 2023. Thank you.

“the feature works for me for both members and for guests who are in the Org” - The people we need to be able to access the Asana form are neither Asana members or Asana guests, they are just associates within our company that need to be able to submit requests using Asana forms to people that are Asana members. Though we also do have Asana members that access the form as well, which we would want added as task collaborators. Hope this helps to clarify what is not working for us with this new feature.

Ah, I understand, @Kara_Collins. Often Asana designs features for simplicity linking multiple concepts and the downside is a loss of functionality, like in this case. Org-only forms shouldn’t have anything to do with adding collaborators, as you’ve discovered.

1 Like