Automatic adjustments in Timeline

I’m sure there are great things ahead for Timeline. Please consider adding functionality sooner rather than later for auto shift of task dates dependent upon a prior task date being moved forward or backwards. If the Timeline could auto-update to show the new project completion that would be awesome. Right now (unless I’m missing something) I have to go and shift every subsequent task date as completion dates on prior tasks change. If you have projects with 100 or so tasks like we do, this is a painful waste of time…but the only way to see your end date. If this functionality is already there and I’m missing a step please someone let me know.

I feel your pain Chris, hopefully they can address this asap. Good post, thanks!

Voted for this, this would be a huge improvement!

Thanks…agreed! Appreciate the update.

this is not exactly what you’re looking for but it might save you some time: on the timeline, you can drag a box around all the tasks you want to move together. Here is an example: https://youtu.be/wCXatugcgqQ?t=279

Hi all, just a quick update here. This is now possible with the feature: Auto-shifting dates for dependent tasks :slight_smile: