AUTOMATED ISSUE TRACKING FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT

We’re using Asana to mange a series of Projects, 90 worksites in Miami Beach. The program is expected to go into 2026. We’re using “Nested Portfolios” to keep everything organized into 5 Phases. With the sheer number of sites, we needed to create a way to track the inevitable issues that will arise. I created a project that I titled “Known Issues - Miami Beach”. I’ve added a column in the Task list of each site titled “Known Issues”. Using RULES, if a Project Manager changes the status of a task from “No Known Issue” to “Known Issue - Please Review”, the task is duplicated in the “Known Issues” project. It captures the name of the site, the task with the issue, and a status is applied (Known Issue or Resolved). The issue can be assigned appropriately and a deadline can be provided. Even once the issue is resolved, we leave it in the Issue Tracking Log for historical purposes.

This solution received praise from my company, so I thought I’d share it here. I hope that this helps someone.

Thank you for your consideration,
Chris Ayers

A post was merged into an existing topic: AUTOMATED ISSUE TRACKING LOG FOR PROJECT MANAGEMENT