Auto-remove empty tasks?

Oh no, please, don’t tell me you now auto-delete an empty task? :frowning:

Is there a way to hide empty tasks from reports?

Hi @Bastien_Siebman,

We are! Many users have reported that they create tasks by accident, making their Asana “messy”; so we’re implementing an auto-delete feature for empty tasks.

As it stands, we only rolled it out to 25% of our users. If it all goes well, it should be rolled out to 100% users by the end of the week.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions :slight_smile:

This was helping me have a clean Asana by creating some “blank space” in my lists :frowning: anyway, ok, good for the others ^^

I like that. Lots of my clients are used to press “Enter” when adding a task, creating a blank one. @Bastien_Siebman, it’s not the same, but maybe you could create “cleaning tasks” with . or -

Maybe if you press space and let a blank character can work as well.

Hi @Marie - just following up on this - when do you think this feature will be rolled out to all users because we don’t have it yet.

And @Bastien_Siebman I understand where you’re coming from - I tend not to like “auto” anything and always prefer to have the choice (and the way you were using empty tasks shows why!)

@KarenV, @Millor_Machado, @Bastien_Siebman, I can confirm that a task with just a single space did not get removed by the new auto-delete-empty-tasks feature.

That was a few days ago when the new feature was deleting empty tasks for me; I just tried now and maybe they turned that off for a bit because no cleanup is happening at all now. But again, when empty tasks where cleaned up, single-blank-character tasks were not affected, which is nice.

I kinda use “—” now, which is ok.

Click creates empty task

Hi - I don’t know if it’s us, or if this happens to everyone, but we always have lots “empty” tasks that were created by mistake by pressing enter. Is there a way to hide these from reports because they clutter them up.

And also, is there a way to run a report to find all these empty tasks so they can be quickly deleted?

Thanks!

This is on the way! See:

Thanks @lpb! So glad to see that.

Thanks for jumping in @lpb; merging this one with Auto-remove empty tasks? to avoid duplicates!

Thanks guys, really appreciate this feature - looking forward to it rolling out to me.