Auto Mark a Task as Complete After Recording

productivity

Is there a way? If so, how can I do it?

Hi @Jordan_Alfonso,

I’m not sure what you mean by “recording” but the only way I’m aware of to mark a task complete is to click the complete button.

Okay, what I mean of recording is when I put a task in Asana. Thanks. When I record tasks, I have to click complete and assign it to me one by one, is there a more efficient way?

Why would you create a task and mark it completed right away? One of my client was confusing the Complete button with a validation button after he created the task, maybe that is your case?

Bastien

In my case, I create tasks once I complete it so my employer will see what I did.

Recording a task only when it is complete kind of defeats the purpose of Asana. What you’re doing sounds more like “logging” than “task management”, so the complete status doesn’t matter in that scenario. Maybe you’re misinterpreting what your employer wants by having you use Asana. If not, and they really do want you entering things in Asana only after they’re done, then I think your employer might be misinterpreting the usefulness of managing the things you work on before they are complete.

I hope I haven’t come off as condescending or presumptuous, but having tried to train other teams to use Asana, I know it’s difficult for people that have never used a tool like Asana. Your question reminds me of some of the things I’d get questions about as people got started. Let me know if you have any questions, but automatically marking a task complete after it’s entered isn’t something Asana will do.

If you haven’t watched any of the getting started videos, I recommend it:

I was about to answer something along the lines but did not know how to phrase it. Thanks @RyanE!!!