Attachments embedding while commenting

+1 to this feature (it has been a concern of mine for quite some time.)

The form and function of this Forum is much better (can add inline attachments and images + timeline on the right is good for long threads).

I’m not usually fan of Microsoft products, however their Teams app seems to handle conversations and images better then the Asana App.

I agree that inline and embedded images and video would be extremely helpful!

1 Like

+1 to having inline images/videos in the task description. Would be great to know if this is on the roadmap (Really hope that it is)

1 Like

Hello, I am trialing Asana to consider switching from Basecamp, but from what I can gather by reading this thread it is not possible to embed images inline with the text in a comment - is this still correct?

In Basecamp, I am able to do something like this (actually the images were pasted straight in from my clipboard), which is extremely convenient:

It sometimes does not make sense (and indeed is even confusing) to have attachments in Asana comments separated from the text, which provides the necessary context for the image. With just one image it is just about workable (using “see image above” type things, etc), but with more than one image it quickly becomes a nightmare.

It seems that this request is 2 and a half years old - can anyone update with whether there are plans to implement this / how close it is ? This is feature is really a dealbreaker for me in the decision on whether or not to move from Basecamp to Asana.

To achieve the same thing in Asana, the only way I can see is to make x4 separate comments - which is looks extremely cluttered and is more difficult to follow:

1 Like

Hi folks :wave:t3:

We’ve heard you loud and clear, and I’m excited to announce that You can now embed attachments in your comments! :tada: Thank you all for taking the time to share your feedback with us, we’re excited to release this new update, and hope it will help you communicate more fluidly with your teams!

I’m going to close this thread as most requests listed here have been addressed, but if you’d like to share some feedback following this update, make sure to create a new #productfeedback thread!

Happy Thursday to you all!

4 Likes