Assigning an entire project to a person instead of individual tasks?

Hi! I would love help learning how to assign an entire project to myself instead of having to go through and assign each of the individual tasks and subtasks to myself - which gets tedious. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!

There is a Project Owner for every Project, so you can select yourself as the Project Owner. However, that does not impact Task assignments at all. Sounds like you do want the Tasks assigned to you, but to save time you want it to just automatically assign each Task to you, rather than you doing it manually. I’m not aware of a way to do that exact thing.

One work-around is to create more tasks in the My Tasks area, because those automatically put in you as the Assignee.

Hi @annac,

The project ownership @Joel_Charles mentioned is a great option. As it stands the quickest way to assign yourself all task of a project is to use the multiselect feature :slight_smile:

I would like to do this as well. The point for our team is that we do not want our task list littered with a whole bunch of little individual tasks, but would like them grouped together. Especially when we have the same tasks over and over such as pre-launch preparation.

I have created a project for Developer Pre-launch Project, (as well as project manager, SEO, QC etc) and would like to be able to duplicate each and then assign the whole packet of tasks (project) to a person so that they do not end up with a collection of loose tasks.