Assignee field showing members from other private projects

project
assignee

I have one main implementation team and several projects within this team. Each project contains it’s own set of individual users from their respective groups. Both projects are private and when I’m in either project and I go to assign a user in a task, as soon as I start typing the suggestive list displays users and their email addresses from other projects. This is a big security concern since we’re not to keen on having our clients know that we also work with their competitors. Please address this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.

Feature modification suggestion - Assignee displaying
Feature modification suggestion - Assignee displaying

Hi @Petros_Martirosian and thanks for reaching out!

I believe you’re seeing all members for both private projects because you’re a member of both projects. However, if your colleagues have only be added to the project they should be working on, they should not be able to see each other in the Assignee drop-down menu!

Hello Marie and thank you for your reply.

I understand that that is the systems current behavior. We’re looking for an option to restrict displaying users outside of that project when clicking in the assign field. Is this possible?

Unfortunately, we don’t have such an option at the moment @Petros_Martirosian but I see where you’re coming from; hopefully this is something we can implement in the future. In the meantime, feel free to hit the “Vote” button at the top of this thread! :slight_smile:

Hi,
Asana allows to create multiple projects. I have two main use cases with Asana : first is using it with my team, so basically, I invite all the teammembers on the general board team. The 2nd use case is more specific : every time I have a project (let’s call it project A) going on with partners, I create a specific public project, where I give a specific access to all the project members. It’s an interesting option as it is still public to each member of my team, and I grant limited access to the project A members.

Problem is the following : every time I want to assign a task to someone on Asana, the options available include every people who has access to our workspace, whether it’s the entire workspace (my team members) or the people of specific project (project A).

Is it possible to display, in the assignee function, only the people who are concerned by the project. I don’t know what happens when, by mistake, you assign a task in a private project or a public project to someone who has limited access, and who has not usually access to this project : does it make the whole project accessible to this member ?

Anyway, I think it would be interesting to display only the people who are actually allowed to view the project, otherwise, it could be potentially prejudicial.

Ps: Sorry, couldn’t explain it in a shorter way for such a simple request :slight_smile:

Hi

If you assign a task belonging to a private project to a person who is not a member of this project, then this person will only see the task without any information about the project. The project bubble indication will be absent for this person, as if the task was not belonging to any project. And this person won’t see the whole project.

Julien

Hi folks! Merging this post with Assignee field showing members from other private projects as they are very similar!